+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to the GOP when this is all over?

I think a lot of what BO has going for him is a new face. Look at Carter in 76, I guess Reagan in 80, but certainly Clinton in 92 and Bush in 2000.

Voters like change. BO is change.

Now its up to BO. He can be a Clinton, Reagan and do a good job and get 2 terms or he can be a Carter and fuck things up.

I hope he does a great job for the country. So much of what happens isn't, or won't be, his doing and won't be things he can correct cuz peeps over state the power of the Prez. But good luck to him and our country.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'd like to see several Republicans break off and start a third party. I'm certain they can bring several disenchanted Dems with them, as well.

If this happens, look for John McCain and Liebermann to start it all. The GOP royally fucked JM in this campaign in more ways than one, and my guess is he'll fuck 'em right back.

If Colin Powell doesn't grab a spot in BO's cabinet, I'd like to see him join them.

Call it the Centerist Party. It would totally work. The Dems and the Reps go to the left and right respectively in their nomination campaigns, then turn to the center for the general election. But, if there's a third party ALREADY occupying the center, then they'll have to make due with something the general public doesn't want to hear -- the truth as to their liberal or conservative intentions.

Many Americans consider themselves moderates, and own philosophies that are both liberal-minded AND conservative-minded (except for Wilfredo). The Centerist Party would instantly have credibility.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I don't like the idea of a "centrist" party. The name allows them to have any agenda they want and call it middle-of-the-road, even if it isn't. I like the parliamentary style, where the party is named after the interests they represent. Labor, Green, Christian Democrat, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    DONE
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Obama will fail like Jimmy Carter and the GOP will get both sides of Pennsylvania Ave back in 2012...

I'll only be 24 then. Government really doesn't have any affect on my life for the time being, so in a sick, twisted sort of way, I will look forward to watching Barack Obama fail.
    VS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I hope he does a great job for the country. So much of what happens isn't, or won't be, his doing and won't be things he can correct cuz peeps over state the power of the Prez. But good luck to him and our country.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Wil's a great American.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    its funnier that he questioned Obama's background as an american, and he isn't even loyal to the patriotism belief. Just along for the ride and bitter when it doesnt go where he wants like a spoiled toddler.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I think we've already seen what kind of person Wil is. This is pretty much just another example in a long line of "Shitty Wil Quotes."

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    its funnier that he questioned Obama's background as an american, and he isn't even loyal to the patriotism belief. Just along for the ride and bitter when it doesnt go where he wants like a spoiled toddler.
    I've never seen a liberal who's openly proud of America, and your no exception Codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I've never seen a liberal who's openly proud of America, and your no exception Codename.

<------

I would never root for the president to fail for my amusement. I'm pretty sure most Liberals were hoping Bush wasn't a total fuck up. Oh well.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread