+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: What happens to the GOP when this is all over?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    When "big guv'mint" give a purpose-ful check to someone, for healthcare or education or whatever, the other end jacks up the rates to account for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I've been consistently against Gov't handouts or pretty consistently against them. Liberal policies, gov't handouts will kill the country. That's not some crazy idea, but Hillary and liberals like to make it out to be one. Its a good thing Hillary has all the people getting gov't checks voting for her or she wouldn't be winning.
    What is your opinion of our defense spending.
    Or corporate welfare.
    Hype?

I don't have all the answers but sure know giving away money isn't the answer. But...

Since we have the highest corporate tax rates in the world, I think I'm saying that correctly, WE SHOULD give corporations some of their money back. Or just chase them out of the country with high rates and have Libs bitch about them. We need to reduce corporate tax rates first and then reduce deductions. Our govt is so fucking stupid. Tax high, then give back, etc.

If there is a place where I don't mind erroring on the spending side, its defense. But we need to get rid of friggin liberal thinking in the military. Friggin Obama says global warmig our biggest threat. Didn't John Ferry say Air Conditioners are a threat too. LMMFAO. You can't make that shit up. And some generals fall in line. I think most just want to keep their career going so they agree with that dipshit. But I KNOW money can be saved in the military.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I don't have all the answers but sure know giving away money isn't the answer. But...

Since we have the highest corporate tax rates in the world, I think I'm saying that correctly, WE SHOULD give corporations some of their money back. Or just chase them out of the country with high rates and have Libs bitch about them. We need to reduce corporate tax rates first and then reduce deductions. Our govt is so fucking stupid. Tax high, then give back, etc.

If there is a place where I don't mind erroring on the spending side, its defense. But we need to get rid of friggin liberal thinking in the military. Friggin Obama says global warmig our biggest threat. Didn't John Ferry say Air Conditioners are a threat too. LMMFAO. You can't make that shit up. And some generals fall in line. I think most just want to keep their career going so they agree with that dipshit. But I KNOW money can be saved in the military.
    I'm not even sure if you are being serious or not. I was making a half hearted jab at an assumed hypocrisy but you took that telegraph punch and turned it into kicking yourself in the testicles and vomiting out of your nose. God I love you.

House Stafford sends its regards.
    Hype?

God help us

... Our govt is so fucking stupid. Tax high, then give back, etc.

... But I KNOW money can be saved in the military.
    Tahoe's fundamentally correct in his conclusions. Our tax system rewards gaming the tax credit system to a greater degree than most anyone, and is less transparent than most countries. A fair bit of our corporate tax code dates back to the good old days when assets weren't easily movable internationally. And yes, we have a lot of stuff lumped in as defense spending that is crap, often having little or nothing to do with our military. Too many have latched onto defense spending as a way to bypass now-traditional congressional do-nothingness. Some good stuff is buried in that, and some bad.

Y'all can rant about Tahoe's old-man-yells-at-cloud rantings. I could join in. Global warming isn't a threat? Really? Here's what our military has to say about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-security-risk

But, I'm not inclined to do that when he ends his paragraphs with reasonable criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by DADZIG View Post
    A couple of months ago, we had a thread where we discussed W's legacy.

How does "destroyed the Republican Party" sound?
    It looks like Odumba destroyed the Dems much more than the Bush destroyed the GOP.
    Players meeting my ASS!

That's why Obama's still quite popular... Bernie too. Fuck, people are even talking positively about Obamacare when they see it threatened.

Clinton destroyed the Dems, pure and simple.

Fast forward a few uneventful years later, Bernie won the inauguration, and we have this:

+ Reply to Thread