+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Wings News

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Howard has actually looked really good the past two games. I've been impressed.
    Yeah, I only saw one game with him in there (Colorado). He looked solid in that game. It was the defense letting him down. I'm glad he's looked good since.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

He was strong and stopped a lot of great shots. But even with the shot differential highly in favor of the Canucks, it was also nice to see that at no point the rest of the team sold him out on D.

How did they fix the D so quickly? Early in the year they were sieves back there.
    STEW BEEF!

Well they weren't perfect but the answer is that they just kept moving. They're starting to realize that they have to attack the puck and cover the open man. They limit mistakes in their own end, or at least have players moving to help cover up someones mistake (instead of just having the goalie to it). I also think that when you keep moving your passes are not as lazy and you either don't have as many giveaways, or you're in a better position to not get hurt by them. When you're gliding on your skates and throw a lazy pass across neutral ice to another guy who's gliding you're begging for trouble.

^That's the complex answer. The easy answer is: THEY REMEMBERED THEY WERE THE RED WINGS. They have the deepest D in the league and finally started playing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Jimmy Howard is finally beginning to become what we always hoped he would be.

MoTown is right.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    It's sad that after the last couple months, I'm fully expecting something bad when I open this thread.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    It's sad that after the last couple months, I'm fully expecting something bad when I open this thread.
    Yeah, I had assumed we lost, down 2-0 like that. Howard's been a god-send to my fantasy team.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I guess I'm forever the optimist with the Wings, but I see them getting into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed, but finally healthy, and being a scary team to play. I'm not sure they'll be cup-worthy, but they could do some damage.

Also, I think this is the year to throw Howard in net for the playoffs. The expectations are low, so a trial by fire would be the best way to get him some experience.

MoTown is right.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    As brutal as this season's seemed, we're only 6 points out of the 1 seed.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread