+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Wings News

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    From ESPN chat with Scott Burnside:

I forgot all about the Olympics. We always take a big hit from that. Two straight years of going all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals, then a the Olympics this year? That's going to take a toll.
    They just need to get young guys a lot more PT early on. Let them grow, even if you drop a couple games. President's trophy is not the goal...the cup is. Get guys like Kindl in there (not just Helm/Lieno/Abdelkader).

I'd also let those guys (Helm and Abdelkader in particular) along with Maltby and Draper do most of the penalty killing early on. Those extra shifts can take a toll on Hank/Pavel/Franzen.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen out 4 months with torn ACL - http://tinyurl.com/ylgwszs
    Find a new slant.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    That really sucks.

Blog Entries
    Abdelkader called up, if you care
    Find a new slant.

I care.
    Players meeting my ASS!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Doesn't deserve it's own thread, but wanted to yap...

Going to a couple Ice Hogs games against the Griffins. Jan 23rd and Feb something. Hopefully I'll get to see some guys I'm familiar with from the Wings. I'm really crossing my fingers that Franzen might be with the Griffins in Feb for a couple games and I get lucky, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't know where else to post this.

I saw most of the game tonight and I really like how the Wings seem to be playing now. They seem to be doing a lot better at getting after the puck carrier and covering guys in open ice. They were very physical and aggressive. Even when Vancouver had way more shots on net, I don't feel that those were amazing quality chances. They weren't incredibly dominant but they were very tough against a good Canucks team.

I've liked Bertuzzi quite a bit. If he can give us ok production and aggressive checking and play I'll be more than happy.

Howard has actually looked really good the past two games. I've been impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Was about to ask that, I only get to see boxscores. We're going to have to make a decision on him this yearprobably, eh?

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Yeah, they need to see that he's a #1 next year or he's gone. They have too many skilled players to afford signing a #1 outright, so either Howard is the man or they cut him loose and bring up another goalie to backup Ozzie next year and hope he's the man.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread