+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Wings News

They came back from that long road trip and had a week off. I agree with you though. I think they've played the least amount of games in the NHL right now. The Rangers have played 5 more games than the Wings...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Yeah, I'm always checking to see if there's a game on and I'm always coming up negative. Very disappointing. They're the only winner we've got right now.
    _

Game tonight against the Penguins.

Ask and you shall receive.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

About time. I'm excited, this should be a good one.
    _

And it's on VERSUS!

I can finally watch a game.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    3-2 Red Wings in the second.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

The Wings looked like total shit tonight losing 7-6 in OT. Despite a decent record, this Wings team has had a problem of turning over the puck or just not being able to clear the zone. It cost them tonight and is becoming a theme. They failed to clear the puck so many times I lost count. This is something that will kill us in the playoffs. Babcock didn't look very pissed. I would have been jumping up and down breaking sticks over the boards. Really crappy game for the Wings and something the team really needs to address.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    News:

They blew it.

Ozzie needs 34 more wins to move up from 13th to 9th all time in wins. Last year he had 27 wins splitting the games almost evenly with Hasek. He is on pace for exactly 34 wins in 53 starts right now. Even IF Howard were ready to play exclusively in the NHL next year I would think it would be an even time share at worst. I'm putting him down for 25+ wins next year, plus another 15 wins the next year even if Howard took over full time. that would put him at about 444, which is 3 behind Sawchuk for 5th all time. Obviously we don't know he'll get there, but it's crazy to think he has a legit chance at being in the top 5 all time. BTW, Cujo is 4th with 449 right now (he is 0-2-1 this year, so he may not be adding a lot to that number before he's done at age 41).

With 370 wins, Osgood is two behind Moog, who ranks 13th on the all-time list.
    "(Moog) is one of the guys I idolized growing up," Osgood said. "I learned watching him play. It's a great honor to be lumped with those guys. When I'm done playing, it's going to be about how many wins you have."
    The players he is referring to are former teammates Dominik Hasek and Mike Vernon, who rank 10th and 11th on the career list with 389 and 385 wins, respectively, and Grant Fuhr, the other Oiler that Osgood idolized, who ranks ninth with 403 victories.
    "It drives me to keep winning and try to get better, so I can play long enough (to pass them)," Osgood said.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Helm recalled from GR, McCarty sent down
    by Ansar Khan
    Wednesday November 26, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Update from Wednesday's morning skate: The Red Wings recalled forward Darren Helm from Grand Rapids, assigning Darren McCarty to the Griffins. Helm will play right wing on a line with Valtteri Filppula and Jiri Hudler tonight against Montreal.

"Our feeling on the plane last night was we'd been on the road for a week, we got home at 7, the first game home is tough, we want more energy,'' general manager Ken Holland said. "Helm plays with tons of energy.

"Darren's been playing 4-5 minutes (a game). He has a fight almost every game. He's done a great job in protecting our team but we just thought for tonight, our priority was to get some legs in the lineup. We're going to reassess tomorrow what we're doing.''

Helm could be sent back down after game, since it appears Dan Cleary (eye irritation) will return to the lineup Friday against Columbus. They're not going to keep Helm around as a spare forward.

Helm is second in scoring for the Griffins with 18 points (five goals, 13 assists) in 16 games. He appeared in two games with Detroit earlier this season.

Chris Chelios (fractured fibula) also skated with the team for the first time since the preseason. He said it will will take at least another week to get back into game shape and that he doesn't have a target date for his return.

Ty Conklin will start in net tonight.

The other line combinations for the Wings:

Kopecky-Datsyuk-Hossa
    Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson
    Meech-Draper-Maltby

The defense is the same as usual.

+ Reply to Thread