+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OGT: Mavs @ Pistons

OGT: Mavs @ Pistons

http://www.nba.com/games/20081016/DALDET/boxscore.html

curry did say he wanted to play his regular rotation for the next couple of games. it's just sad that that's what it took to beat the mavs' backups.

oh well, it's just preseason. but we've got our work cut out for us.

Only one foul for Amir.
    STEW BEEF!

i know. clearly he had an off night.

I think if Amir can provide what he did tonight in roughly the same amount of minutes, he'll be the starter the entire season. His stat line looked mighty nice to me.

I think that the box score is also a good indicator of what the rotation will look like this year. If so, I'm happy with it.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

i was thinking the same thing, as far as the minutes go. obviously i want a few more for stuckey and a few less for rip. but overall, i like the distribution of minutes from tonight.

Got some free tix so I ended up going. The starters all played like 35 minutes, not sure what was up with that. Amir looked different than I've ever seen him, might have been the matchup on Dirk vs. a traditional center (he got pushed around a bit by Dampier). He was really fluid and looked to know where he was in the offense. They attacked him and Chauncey in the pick and roll a lot with Kidd and Dirk, mixed results. The failures happended when Amir would get stuck in the middle of the 2 guys and not be decisive. That's something Sheed always does, go right to the spot and the guy he wants to get after and try and take them out of the play. Amir did manage to deflect a couple of Kidd's passes though leading to breaks the other way. It was his best game of the preseason, knocking down 3 of 5 from about 15 feet (wide, wide open).

All in all the team just shot like shit, Lalo and Stuck were garbage, and if the Mavs had kept their guys in we would have faded in the 4th

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I was listening on the radio for a spell, but got distracted. It seemed like Brandon Bass was just killing us at the get-go. We shot 31% and won?! Whoa... how was Maxiell? 8 rebounds and 5 blocks in 19 minutes -- cool.

I'm gonna try to get freebies for either the Cavs or Bucks games next week. I'd wanted to get freebies to this one, but my fucking car conspired against me until it was too late.

Blog Entries
    Brandon Bass is just another disciple of what has become a cult of undersized PF's who play the game as if they're 3 inches taller (Maxiell, Landry, Powe, Turiaf, Millsap, David Lee, Thad Young)

+ Reply to Thread