+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Pistons at Bucks, Oct 11th

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Who will average more ppg this year, Stuckey or Chauncey?
    This seems like a perfect topic for a patented GlennDanzig™ poll, in my opinion.

I say it's too close to call, but Chauncey by a hair.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

At first I thought it was a stupid question, then I started to think about how Chauncey's minutes will be down while Stuckey's will go up at both PG and SG, I still think Chauncey will average more, but not by as much as I originally assumed.
    _

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Billups easily. He's not the most consistent guy on earth, but still more consistent than the Stuckster.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    What a fan...
    I really want this team to get back to the finals and I just don't have confidence in our starters anymore. A slow start (I didn't say horrific, just slow) would either make a trade more likely to hopefully improve the team or it would maybe knock a little of the arrogance out of our core and make them play better. I don't see that as necessarily bad either way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    I really want this team to get back to the finals and I just don't have confidence in our starters anymore. A slow start (I didn't say horrific, just slow) would either make a trade more likely to hopefully improve the team or it would maybe knock a little of the arrogance out of our core and make them play better. I don't see that as necessarily bad either way.

I don't know that a slow start would trigger anything. If Denver won't unload Carmelo now, I don't know why they would a month from now, 3 months before the trade deadline. And I would also expect the Heat to hang onto Shawn Marion for at least a couple months until the deadline just to see what they got with him playing alongside a healthy Wade. Other than that, there's not much to be had.

I suppose if Dallas got off to a slow start they could look to unload Jason Kidd, but he'd really be of no use here. And I don't want any part of guys like Vince Carter, Michael Redd, Mike Dunleavy, Zach Randolph or Brad Miller who would just clog up our cap situation for the next half decade.

I think we're stuck...

Al Harrington & Stephen Jackson could be possiblities, but are they really upgrades over anything we have? Ehhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    I'd just like to point out that there's some serious Stuckey-praising going on here. It surprises me a bit, as I thought most on this board were highly doubting how good he could become; now some are talking about trading Chauncey?
    My distaste for Mr. Billups (slipping Glenn) has nothing to do with Stuckey.
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    Ok, again what a fan. You're backtracking out of you root for a trade agenda to "or it wakes them up"... I care not about arrogance, they were arrogant under LB and arrogant getting pummeled every ecs under Flip's reign. I care about the coaching and whether the players respond to it. I also care about winning. It's Curry's job to keep them focused whether we start off 20-0 or 0-20. If he can't do that he shouldn't be our HC. Hoping for forced scenario's that compromise our success in order to make agendas happen as you should see fit is kinda low and selfish. But that's just my take on that.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    It's not criminal to be bored (or angry) with the team and want to see changes.

I don't think it makes micknugget less of a fan.

Sounds like he's just sick of being disappointed by this cast.

It remains to be seen if the changes made in the offseason are significant enough to change the recent pattern of playoff disappointments.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    Ok, again what a fan........Hoping for forced scenario's that compromise our success in order to make agendas happen as you should see fit is kinda low and selfish. But that's just my take on that.
    You're right! And I guess with that thinking, almost every member of this forum who ever puts up a trade idea is just as evil as I am. How dare we want our team to win. How dare we root for them and go to their games. How dare we "compromise our success" by wanting a trade to happen. The idea of the trade is to GET BETTER in some way and to not "compromise our success".

As much success as this team has had, I stil think that the result will be the same as the past few years. The core of this team doesn't seem to have that edge anymore. This team still lacks a superstar, lacks interior D, and lacks rebounding. Unless one or more of our youngsters can supply at least one of these things, I see a trade as the only way to do it.

Blog Entries
    I still think we can come out of the East.

As long as we win the division, and Orlando has the 3rd best record, we'll be fine. (Assuming Boston will indeed finish as the 1 seed)

Being able to avoid the winner of the Philly/Cleveland 4/5 matchup is HUGE for us...

+ Reply to Thread