+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Pistons at Bucks, Oct 11th

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I wish we could lose Chauncey to free agency.

At least he adds depth, if nothing else. I don't view him as an 'over-the-hill' PG like Tinsley, Hinrich or Marbury. Chauncey is still an above-average, top ten PG.

The playoff struggles of a team like Phoenix (since Steve Nash can't guard anybody), for example, shows me how important a well-rounded PG like Chauncey is. His defense isn't what it used to, but compared to the rest of the league's starting PG's, he's considerably above par.

Not to mention the other shit Chauncey does to off-set Stuckey's game (perimeter shooting, post up game, and less prone to TO's and stupid fouls).

On a side note, I wonder if Stefanski would be stupid enough to take on Chauncey's contract for Andre Miller's expiring deal? Lateral move for us, cap hell for Philly.

The nice thing about Chauncey is that he still has quite a bit of trade value and there are several teams that would want him. The same can be said about any of our starters. In a way I hope that we get off to a slow start so maybe it will precipitate the trade of one of our starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Not much to discuss if nobody can see the game.

I applaud your efforts, though.
    sorry i just assumed those of you living in michigan would be able to see the game on the local affliate TV network. i don't even live in the country so if it's not a regular season game on nba season pass, i have no chance of viewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    At least he adds depth, if nothing else. I don't view him as an 'over-the-hill' PG like Tinsley, Hinrich or Marbury. Chauncey is still an above-average, top ten PG.
    My problem with Chauncey being here while Stuckey surpasses him is that Chauncey doesn't seem like the guy to give up being "the man" easily. If he would be content taking a back seat it would be a different story as I think he compliments Stuckey and Rip pretty well.

I think it's pretty clear that we're getting dangerously close to having no defined number 1 PG (ala Toronto last year). I'm just not sure that Chauncey will see it that way.

I just hope Joe doesn't allow it to become an issue, or makes a move before it can become one.

I think if Stuckey can show enough progression before the first half of the season we can maybe trade Billups. The only thing we can hope for is that another team's starting pg is hurt for the year (Baron Davis and the clips) or another team that is close to making the playoffs and is willing to give us at least a first rounder and a solid backup pg.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    In a way I hope that we get off to a slow start so maybe it will precipitate the trade of one of our starters.
    What a fan...
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    The preseason is great for overzealous theories and overly high hopes for psychotic scenarios. W/o it and garbage time some of us would never be happy.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I'd just like to point out that there's some serious Stuckey-praising going on here. It surprises me a bit, as I thought most on this board were highly doubting how good he could become; now some are talking about trading Chauncey?

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

i've always been the biggest of stuckey fans. but there is no need whatsoever to trade billups when we have a perfectly good 3 guard rotation. why would we trade billups?

he still can be a great perimeter shooter and a very good PG. even if/when stuckey 'takes over' they can both play about the same amount of minutes and both guys can still be key players for us.

IF we were to even think about trading billups, we had better get back a PG who can do everything he does. because if not then it would be a dumb move. billups compliments the players we have very well and like i said, he's a good outside shooter- something this team sorely needs.

i don't get why as soon as we build an area of strength, you would want to strip it away and trade someone so quickly.....? yes billups has a big contract. but so what- he still is a highly productive player and one of the best at his position. he does not rely on his athleticism with the way he plays so i do not expect his play to diminish very much over the next few years.

he will have and should have a very valuable role here for the next few years IMO.

Blog Entries
    Who will average more ppg this year, Stuckey or Chauncey?

+ Reply to Thread