+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Senate Races

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Well I for one actually find Franken to be far smarter than anyone gives him credit for, and a man of exemplary moral character. Especially considering the fact that he has been 100% silent since this whole thing started.
    Yeah, my respect for Franken has grown over the months because he hasn't tried to turn this into more of a circus than it already is.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Like anyone doubted this day would come? He's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it, people like him!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Yeah, my respect for Franken has grown over the months because he hasn't tried to turn this into more of a circus than it already is.
    Me too, man. Dude is the bomb!
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Norm Coleman won by 700 votes on Election Day.

I bet he's sitting at home watching the Twins and asking himself "What the fuck?"

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    They missed counting a few thousand ballots. When they did, Franken won. Doing a recount by hand was required because of the margin. What do you do when your books don't balance, accounting major?

Remember, the three major candidates all _gained_ votes in the recount.
    Normally, a few thousand improperly handled ballots don't make a difference. This time, they did.

By all rights, Norm Coleman should've been able to beat Franken. He was the fucking incumbent, competing against a divided ticket and a candidate with flamboyance issues. He's been there before (running for governor against Ventura). It should never have been this close.

Blog Entries

Should this have been a vote for Franken or an ineligible ballot.

I think the latter, however, it was counted as a vote for Franken.

You've made that post before.

He got MORE votes after they recounted. Your guy lost.

Get over it.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    You've made that post before.

He got MORE votes after they recounted. Your guy lost.

Get over it.
    My guy?

I've never been one of Norm Coleman's constituents.

I could care less now---the Senate is still going to have a very difficult time passing all the far-left shit (cap & trade, gun control, card check, universal healthcare) anyway---with or without Coleman, with or without Franken...

There is not much behind the Democrats 'strength in numbers' for the Senate when you have moderates (Ben Nelson, Claire McCaskill, Blanche Lincoln, Mark Pryor, Bill Nelson, Kurt Conrad) amongst them.

If you had 60 Sheldon Whitehouses', then I'd be more inclined to think Franken's addition would make a difference...

So you do care then?:

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    My guy?

I've never been one of Norm Coleman's constituents.

I could care less now---the Senate is still going to have a very difficult time passing all the far-left shit (cap & trade, gun control, card check, universal healthcare) anyway---with or without Coleman, with or without Franken...

There is not much behind the Democrats 'strength in numbers' for the Senate when you have moderates (Ben Nelson, Claire McCaskill, Blanche Lincoln, Mark Pryor, Bill Nelson, Kurt Conrad) amongst them.

If you had 60 Sheldon Whitehouses', then I'd be more inclined to think Franken's addition would make a difference...
    Why is it so hard to say couldn't care less? I hear it said wrong more often than right.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread