+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Senate Races

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I don't hold good odds of the Dems winning in the Georgia runoff. But the Dem went to a runoff in 2nd place before and came out a winner. We'll know how this will go by the early voting on Thanksgiving week.
    The early voting didn't go nearly well enough for Martin, and he lost. I probably should've called this one for Chambliss last week so I could look prescient, but I didn't care that much.

Now it's down to the Franken-Coleman mess, where there are thousands of ballot challenges, and a controversial vote against re-evaluating "rejected" absentee ballots for intent of the voter much like the other ballots. So, it's likely to come down to a court deciding who wins, or a Senate deciding to push for some kind of do-over.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Vote totals certified and Franken is ahead. Coleman plans to tie Franken up in court for months:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...VQgrQD95H7GB80

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/...heir-fact.html

25 precincts have more votes than peeps registered???? LOL @ Minni

I'd keep Franken tied up for months too.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    25 precincts have more votes than peeps registered???? LOL @ Minni

I'd keep Franken tied up for months too.
    Beyond Coleman saying that, where's the evidence? There wasn't enough evidence to sway the Minnesota Supreme Court to stop the recount.

From what I understood, it was the recount where more votes than peeps registered.

Other than Pawlenty, this thing was basically in control of the Dems. They made their decisions based on partisanship. Would Reps do the same thing? I'm pretty sure they would have, but to deny that decisions weren't made that were in Dem control, is not correct, imo.
    Players meeting my ASS!

AFAIK, there were never more votes than peeps registered. There were more votes found in some precincts than were counted on election day, but that's something different. There wasn't a preponderance of evidence to support that as of late December, in a unanimous verdict of the Minnesota Supreme Court. If there is proof, someone needs to put up specifics.

The Dems were in control? Yhe canvassing board that ran the show consists of two Republican SC judges appointed by Pawlenty, one Independence party sort appointed by Ventura, one judge who hasn't stated partisanship, and the Democratic SoS. That's hardly Dems running the show.

FWIW, Franken bores me to tears. I have little love for the dude. If I lived in Minny, I'd probably have voted for the third party candidate. I'm just amused by the whole situation. Minnesota should have Dems running the show, but the western-style Dems in Minny went off and formed their own strong third party to create mass chaos. Fun fun fun...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Minnesota's Supreme Court has declared Democrat Al Franken the winner of the state's disputed U.S. Senate race.
    :green balloon:
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Well I for one actually find Franken to be far smarter than anyone gives him credit for, and a man of exemplary moral character. Especially considering the fact that he has been 100% silent since this whole thing started.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    It's over. Coleman concedes. Now sign the damn certificate, Pawlenty.

+ Reply to Thread