+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Senate Races

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    In 2006, the outside number Senate Dems could realistically pick up was 10 seats. They got 10 seats, by the skin of their teeth. I recall Montana and Virginia being particularly close. This time, it's much the same deal. I don't expect they'll get 10 seats too, but I could believe they'd get 7-8.

The race that could prove to be the most fun is Georgia. Bob Barr from Georgia is on the ticket, and the Democrat running against Chambliss is strong. Due to Georgia law, the winner needs 50%+1, not just a plurality. Otherwise, there's a runoff in December, which would likely be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    What does "closer than necessarily so" mean?
    It a 'when he got called out on the other statement' backtracking statement.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Stevens guilty on all counts.
    So what happens to the senate race?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

It's a shoo-in that Stevens' opponent, Mark Begich, will win. Alaska has a harder line on such things than, say, Louisiana. Begich is the mayor of Anchorage and a solid candidate. Begich polled well ahead a few months back when the Stevens indictment was handed down. The race had narrowed as Stevens had received some favorable legal decisions along the way, but it's over now.
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 10-27-2008 at 08:23 PM.

So much of politics isn't really a right or wrong issue but preferences. In some ways the sooner we get to 60 dems with a Dem Prez, the sooner the country will correct itself...much like the country is about to do in November.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Stevens is still running, despite the conviction and McCain calling for him to step down (and rightly so I might add).

"I ask that Alaskans and my Senate colleagues stand with me as I pursue my rights," Stevens, the longest serving Republican in the Senate, said in a statement Monday. " I remain a candidate for the United States Senate."

Despite asking for his Senate colleagues to stand with him, Stevens does not have the support of the top of the Republican ticket. Sen. John McCain on Tuesday called for Stevens to step down.
    "It is a sign of the health of our democracy that the people continue to hold their representatives to account for improper or illegal conduct, but this verdict is also a sign of the corruption and insider-dealing that has become so pervasive in our nation's capital," McCain said in a statement. "It is clear that Sen. Stevens has broken his trust with the people and that he should now step down."
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Cat fight in ND between Elizabeth Dole and Kay Hagan. Apparently someone was palling around with atheists.

and the response video in this rap battle....

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Stevens is still running, despite the conviction and McCain calling for him to step down (and rightly so I might add).
    There's no real reason for him to step down. His running won't screw up the downballot races more than they are already (due to other candidates' ties with him that won't be erased in a few days). I'm expecting Bush to pardon him.

Blog Entries
    Hagan went biblical on her ass.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread