+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Senate Races

Blog Entries
    DE-Sen: O'Donnell vs Biden
    Now Biden is up HUGE in this poll. If Obama wins, does O'Donnell get the seat by default? Or how does that work...?

According to this Huffington Post article, the current governor chooses a replacement. Since the gov is a Dem, O'Donnell wouldn't get the seat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sandy-..._b_120875.html

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'm TOTALLY quaking in my boots here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqBq8jBKDik

What does "closer than necessarily so" mean?
    STEW BEEF!

Here's Levin's polling numbers vs. his opponent:

Obviously, this is good news for Levin's opponent -- whatever the heck his name is.

Got'em right where we want'em.
    Last edited by Fool; 10-27-2008 at 01:43 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    What does "closer than necessarily so" mean?
    It's the kind of statement you make when you are trying to avoid going out on a limb and are just throwing scenarios out there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

It's the kind of statement the dude in the video made because he is an idiot.

Kerry is up 65 to 30 right now BTW.

As far as the veto majority, it's a long shot right now. The Dems would have to hold on to the leads they have (it appears only Oregon is close), and also win 5 of the 6 leaning GOP or tied. Those are Minny, Alaska, N.C., Miss, Kentucky, Georgia.

N.C. is tied. Minny, Alaska and Georgia are super close. Miss and Kentucky are within reach, but long shots.

I'd bet against it at this point, but you never know.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

If they need a veto majority, there are bigger problems then not having a veto majority.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread