+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2008 - Lions trade rumors/speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    We should be offering them Brian Kelly or even Bodden.
    I think we need to keep Bodden. He could be fine in the correct system (supposedly he's a lot better in man to man). Kelly is supposed to be a cover 2 guy so he has no excuse.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I think we need to keep Bodden. He could be fine in the correct system (supposedly he's a lot better in man to man). Kelly is supposed to be a cover 2 guy so he has no excuse.

I agree, hang on to Bodden. If our next defensive coordinator uses a traditional scheme, he'll be valuable.

On defense I'd hang on to Sims, Dizon, D. White, Redding, Bodden, Alexander, Bullocks, Avril, Fluellen, Ikaika (just for potential's sake).

Everybody else can be thrown in the dumpsters out back.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I'm not completely against keeping Bodden, but we need to be honest here. We're 3+ years away if we're lucky. Anyone over 27 should be fair game. I'm not looking for players that will help us win 8 games in the next few years, I'm looking for parts of an eventual division winner.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    I'm not completely against keeping Bodden, but we need to be honest here. We're 3+ years away if we're lucky. Anyone over 27 should be fair game. I'm not looking for players that will help us win 8 games in the next few years, I'm looking for parts of an eventual division winner.
    Well then you're obviously not looking at anyone on the Lions.
    _

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    ESPN is reporting that if we can't trade Kitna today we're putting him on the IR.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Bibleman must be mad and causing trouble.

Find a new slant.

Updating a previous report, Dave Birkett of the Oakland Press writes that Detroit officials decided to place quarterback Jon Kitna on injured reserve Tuesday morning.
    The Lions apparently were keeping open the option of trading Kitna; his undisclosed back injury isn't serious enough to sideline him for the season. But Kitna will need more rest before he's ready to play again, and the Lions must not want to hold open his roster spot in an uncertain timetable.
    Dan Orlovsky will continue starting in Kitna's place. It will be interesting to see if the Lions give in and eventually work No. 3 quarterback Drew Stanton into the mix.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't see why they wouldn't wait until 4 PM, unless they need the roster spot to make a deal right now. killer says the 49ers were interested.

Lions plan no trades, stay quiet about Kitna's injury

BY NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • October 14, 2008

The Lions say they don't plan to trade anyone -- including wide receiver Roy Williams -- before the NFL trade deadline at 4 p.m. today.

+ Reply to Thread