Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: McCain vs. Obama: Debate #3; Tuesday, 10/7/08

OGT: McCain vs. Obama: Debate #3; Tuesday, 10/7/08

9:00pm start time.

Obama currently favored by .5.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Can I put alpacas on Obama? I think he beats the spread against McCain.

If we did this for the veep debate, I would have put easy paca down on Palin. Biden was favored like 35 points there. PICK OF THE MILLENIUM

Blog Entries
    Someone needs to take "the gloves are off" to the WTF Translator.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    It's a town hall, with questions from the audience chosen by Tom Brokaw. I'm expecting this to be in the tank for McCain, filled with Obama-centric sorts of questions -- a redux of that ugly ABC debate in Pennsylvania. The media is VERY interested in this being a horse race, and NBC corporate in particular does not want to be seen as a bunch of stinking liberal lefties.

I think Obama's timed the Keating 5 blitz for maximum effect, though. McCain blows his cool like Nicholson in a Few Good Men, and the media can't cover for him. McCain's got to stay cool, and the Keating 5 pushes all of McCain's buttons. I'm fairly sure that Obama can redirect character attacks against him toward this and other issues-oriented directions.

I'm really surprised at the lack of exposure on McCain's skeletons. I think Obama did well with the house commercials a few weeks ago. I haven't seen any ads on Keating, nearly getting kicked out of the military, troopergate or any other skeletons. I guess I'm not surprised Obama has chosen not to run with it (given the change message) but why hasn't anyone else run those attacks?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm really surprised at the lack of exposure on McCain's skeletons. I think Obama did well with the house commercials a few weeks ago. I haven't seen any ads on Keating, nearly getting kicked out of the military, troopergate or any other skeletons. I guess I'm not surprised Obama has chosen not to run with it (given the change message) but why hasn't anyone else run those attacks?
    I spoke too soon. Obama has a new ad on the Keating/financial crisis.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...rss_topstories
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Isn't Browkaw moderating this SOB?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch since I have class (Statistical Inference for Management Decisions) tomorrow evening and I'm fresh out of DVR space after recording Family Guy last night...

Go GOP!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I spoke too soon. Obama has a new ad on the Keating/financial crisis.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...rss_topstories
    It's not an ad, but a documentary. I think the intended purpose was to get under McCain's skin and put him on his heels. That worked better than expected. It seems he's actually recanted his famous statements about being wrong and apologetic for his Keating 5 actions:

http://www.americablog.com/2008/10/i...ting-five.html

I'm wondering if we'll see an ad on McCain's statements today, compared and contrasted with an S&L sufferer. Or, are those statements going to be first used against McCain in the debate. Unlike the attacks on Obama, this links to the current economic crisis in a major way.

The timing on this relative to the upcoming debate is not an accident.

+ Reply to Thread