+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37
FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF's News of the weird

Blog Entries
    That biz is hot here in GR right now, Mxy. If you haven't heard of Sequenom, you should check them out. Pre-natal down's syndrome testing, gender determination testing, cystic fibrosis carrier testing, etc. It's interesting stuff.

But no, I wouldn't touch it from Amway, lol.
    Find a new slant.

If I had heard of here, maybe this would be in the notable death's thread instead:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americ...ef=igoogle_cnn

A former miss Argentina (who was a model) felt the need to have elective butt surgery and died?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I wish I'd thought of it first:

Airmile hackers figured out that they could buy dollar coins (free shipping!) from the US Mint, using credit cards that gave them airmiles for purchases. Then they took the dollar coins straight to the bank and deposited them, paying off the credit card bills before any interest was incurred. The only cost was gas for the bank-runs. The Mint has tried to put a stop to it.
    Last edited by geerussell; 12-10-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Damn, that's perfect...

Blog Entries
    Surprised Ledezma didn't get in on this.
    Find a new slant.

His family runs the mint.
    STEW BEEF!

Damn. The US mint is about 15 minutes from my house. Even if they did stop the free shipping, what stops me from doing it in person?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Could slam home any rewards that way, really.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/loc...y/1115004.html

It's a good thing Duke student Ken Ilgunas has a strong bladder because his van has no bathroom.

Ilgunas, 26, is living out of a 1994 Ford Econoline to get through his liberal studies graduate program debt-free. Parked in a lot on the edge of campus, he cooks with camping equipment and subsists largely on peanut butter.

+ Reply to Thread