+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The U.S. economy

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Actually, McCain deserves his fair share of the blame too for his push to deregulate the banking industry with Phil Gramm. (1999)
    Which Joe Biden voted for and I think it passed 92-6 or something.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Not sure if this should go into a new thread, but Russia's stock market caved I guess. It went from 300b to 40b in a matter of a week or something????

Puting kept saying don't worry, we are in good shape. Now they're having to dump huge amounts of their recently acquired oil wealth to keep their economy floating.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Which Joe Biden voted for and I think it passed 92-6 or something.
    At least Biden didn't sponsor it :^)

And remember, we're not voting for VP here, right?
    Find a new slant.

At least Biden didn't sponsor it :^)

And remember, we're not voting for VP here, right?
    Just saying if you think that bill was in part responsible for the situation we're going through right now, then both sides supported it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Agreed, both sides get some blame, but I'm guessing that we disagree on the %'s that each should get.

I certainly don't think that counting on "THE CAREER DE-REGULATOR" to get this shit regulated is a wise move.
    Find a new slant.

Agreed, both sides get some blame, but I'm guessing that we disagree on the %'s that each should get.

I certainly don't think that counting on "THE CAREER DE-REGULATOR" to get this shit regulated is a wise move.
    We need to throw more pieces of the pie then just our fantastic elected officials. Peeps were taking full advantage of the situation too.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    peeps who are stupid with money > peeps taking advantage of the system

There's a LOT of collective stupidity when it comes to money. Since money is how the world keeps score, there's not a lot of really rich people who are very inclined to share (unless you count the "get rich quick" crowd, which is simply taking advantage of stupid people). It doesn't help that most kids are taught by K12 teachers who aren't fixated on money -- they wouldn't be teachers if they were! So, you have stuff like economics taught as a formal subject in 11th-12th grade, "home ec" being more about learning to cook rather than learning to shop, etc. Kids should be learning the formal fundamentals of how money moves at an early age. The parents should get with the program, too. Kids should learn how to play the stock market, eBay etc. with small sums of real money. Economically speaking, Alex P. Keaton had it going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Economically speaking, Alex P. Keaton had it going on.
    The Alex P. Keaton coalition got drummed out of the modern day conservative movement.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Let's give a trillion dollar bailout to Wall Street with no oversight to deal with a problem caused by a lack of oversight. How fiendishly brilliant!

You've got everyone from Mike Pence and Newt Gingrich to Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi stating their opposition with the structure of what's proposed.

This one's gonna get fun...

I would seriously rather have Michael Moore speaker than Nancy P. Just one of those peeps that seems USELESS.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread