+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 89
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@Palin Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma

It doesn't matter whether the critics are speaking about her positvely or negatively, the fact is, they are talking about her. They are devouting their attention, and opinions to Sarah Palin, a VP candidate. She's become appealing to everybody.

I don't know how that's hard to understand...
    Because it's entirely untrue? Becoming appealing? She seems to be rallying both bases, which is good for the Licks, but she's not moving the middle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Does she have the strength to lead a nation?
    Her record of accomplishment as a governor exceeds, by far, the governing accomplishments of Sen. Obama. So if she doesn't, than the only person who 'fits the bill' (at least on your scale) to be on the ticket is John McCain.

Does she have the courage to make the difficult decisions? Based on her tenure as both Mayor and Governor of a wildlife preserve, I would have to say no.
    Seriously, I don't know how you came to the conclusion that she doesn't have the courage (an unmeasurable quality) to make difficult decisions.
    Sounds more like a biased opinion, than a statement of fact.

One (alleged) indiscretion isn't enough to suggest whether she can (or can't) lead the country.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I remember how well this played out with Ferraro, a light-on-experience scandal-ridden woman picked as VP nominee for opportunistic effect. The first couple weeks were amazing for Mondale...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    but she's not moving the middle.

Which is soley your opinion, because you don't want it to happen or perhaps your too stubborn to admit that if ever there was a VP candidate capable of doing so, it would be Sarah Palin (which I wouldn't expect you to admit, if that we're the case).

There's never been a VP candidate who can threaten to persuade the middle like Sarah Palin (Ferraro was never going to come even close running with a tool like Mondale). So while I couldn't tell you either way if she will or won't move the middle, it's the first time ever that you (or me, or anybody) wouldn't doubt that she maybe could.

And for the first time that I can recall, some outlets like her chances at doing so.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I remember how well this played out with Ferraro, a light-on-experience scandal-ridden woman picked as VP nominee for opportunistic effect. The first couple weeks were amazing for Mondale...

Comparing Ferraro and Palin isn't even worth going into. America would still be in a depression had Mondale won. So Ferraro, really, wasn't ever going to persuade anyone, not even her own party.

Blog Entries
    Even something so stupid, such as Oprah not wanting her on her show until after the election. I mean seriously, even for the average, voting, college student moron like me, something that insignificant tells me all I need to know about how genuinely impactful of a VP candidate Sarah Palin is, and how big of a threat she can be towards any party.

Nobody can say the same about Joe Biden, who's just some liberal old fart who got less votes running for president, than Palin got running for Mayor of Wassilla, Alaska.

Comparing Ferraro and Palin isn't even worth going into. America would still be in a depression had Mondale won. So Ferraro, really, wasn't ever going to persuade anyone, not even her own party.
    Ferraro gave the party a huge bounce, and made the Dems think they could compete against Reagan. Her speech was the highlight, not Mondale's (who had a bigger talent for putting people to sleep than even McCain does). Gallup had Mondale-Ferraro ahead of Reagan-Bush 48-46. All was great for two weeks or so. Then it started sinking in... Mondale was still Mondale, and Ferraro had lots of problems.

Even something so stupid, such as Oprah not wanting her on her show until after the election. I mean seriously, even for the average, voting, college student moron like me, something that insignificant tells me all I need to know about how genuinely impactful of a VP candidate Sarah Palin is, and how big of a threat she can be towards any party.
    Are you sure about that? Keep in mind that Oprah doesn't have any candidates on her show, and hasn't for quite awhile. If she did, don't you think Obama would be on every week? Give it a little critical thinking. Here's what Oprah herself has to say on this:

http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/05/oprah-...-you-in-later/

Nobody can say the same about Joe Biden, who's just some liberal old fart who got less votes running for president, than Palin got running for Mayor of Wassilla, Alaska.
    That's a thoroughly debunked talking point.

Biden got more votes in the 2008 primary for president than Palin did in her 2006 primary for governor, and virtually all those votes came after he had formally suspended his campaign.

Which is soley your opinion,
    No, it's the wealth of polling. Her favorables, will you support the presidential candidate more or less, and "does she add to the ticket" are right on Biden's with undecideds. She has categories she helps and others she hurts.

ABC 5/5-

"The poll found that Obama benefited more from his selection of Biden than McCain did by picking Palin. While 25 percent said they were more likely to vote for McCain because he picked Palin, 19 percent said they were less likely to support his candidacy. A majority, 55 percent, said the choice won't affect their vote.

By contrast, 22 percent of voters said Biden's selection for the Democratic ticket made them more likely to vote for Obama, while just 10 percent said they were less likely to support the Illinois senator's presidential candidacy. Again, a majority -- 67 percent -- said the choice won't matter in their vote."

+ Reply to Thread