+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 89
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@Palin Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I think it's not about the speech's content, but the way it was delivered that made her so popular...she's probably the most down to earth politican to ever be on a ticket, as far as being a women who's clearly a mother first and a governor second.

Add that to her physical attractive-ness and gender, and your bound to over-excite the general public.

did joe biden even give a speech?

She excited the hardcore conservative base and maybe motivated a few who might've stayed home for the election. The general public... not so much.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Vetting done by Alaska Democrats circa 2006:

http://mudflats.files.wordpress.com/...06-vetting.pdf

Blog Entries
    For all the celebrity hoopla that is surrounding Palin, Biden's still got higher "favorables" and lower "unfavorables".

Source: go look it up
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    The general public... not so much.
    Maybe your oblivious to it, or maybe your just trying to convince yourself otherwise, but I think she most certainly has.

Her speech drew higher ratings than Obama & McCain's, and her approval ratings make both candidates look lousy. Not to mention, her speech was easily the best out of the entire pool of speakers from both conventions.

In a sense, I think the general public has gotten too interested in Sarah Palin. Nobody ever talks about Joe Biden, except for how much of an un-interesting vp pick he was.

Couple that with Oprah not wanting Palin on her show (because she knows her viewing audience is 85% women, and she's a left-winger) and also Obama asking Hillary for campaign help (not hard to figure out why). I mean, seriously, how much more evidence do you want that she's not creating a big time stir amongst both parties?

I imagine things will eventually cool off, until the VP debates, but in the present moment, she's even more popular than Obama (and has a more impressive resume' too).

Who knows what it will translate into come voting time. Nobody can say either way, but it's clear who has the momentum right now.

Go ahead, deny it...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Maybe your oblivious to it, or maybe your just trying to convince yourself otherwise, but I think she most certainly has.

Her speech drew higher ratings than Obama & McCain's, and her approval ratings make both candidates look lousy. Not to mention, her speech was easily the best out of the entire pool of speakers from both conventions.

In a sense, I think the general public has gotten too interested in Sarah Palin. Nobody ever talks about Joe Biden, except for how much of an un-interesting vp pick he was.

Couple that with Oprah not wanting Palin on her show (because she knows her viewing audience is 85% women, and she's a left-winger) and also Obama asking Hillary for campaign help (not hard to figure out why). I mean, seriously, how much more evidence do you want that she's not creating a big time stir amongst both parties?

I imagine things will eventually cool off, until the VP debates, but in the present moment, she's even more popular than Obama (and has a more impressive resume' too).

Who knows what it will translate into come voting time. Nobody can say either way, but it's clear who has the momentum right now.

Go ahead, deny it...

i'll deny it. The rantings of the desperate.

Blog Entries
    Citing the TV ratings as a measure of her popularity and even worse, how many votes she'll draw, is seriously flawed thinking.

How many people that want to see her fail weren't watching?
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Wil didn't respond to Denny?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    Wil didn't respond to Denny?
    When one cannot directly respond, it's usually because they're attempting to construct a viable cover story. The truth is right there in front of you, and does not require delay.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Obama got Bill O'Reilly his second highest ratings ever. Does that mean they're lall gonna vote for Obama?

If you factor in PBS viewers, it appears to be a dead heat. I watched what I did on PBS, just because the network talking heads don't talk as much on there.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...es-tv-ratings/
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 09-06-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    I wasn't implying ratings meant everything, what I meant was they are a legitimate sample to show how interested americans are in hearing what she has to say.

It doesn't matter whether the critics are speaking about her positvely or negatively, the fact is, they are talking about her. They are devouting their attention, and opinions to Sarah Palin, a VP candidate. She's become appealing to everybody.

I don't know how that's hard to understand...

Dems have gotten to know everything about Sarah Palin, meanwhile, no Republicans know anything about Joe Biden.

+ Reply to Thread