+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 89
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@Palin Thread

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

LMAO
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Can someone direct me to the correct thread for making fun of McCain's mother and her plastic surgery?

How many 95 year olds have ZERO wrinkles on their cheeks?

Mom/Cindy must have gotten the "family rate".
    Find a new slant.

"So THIS is where they take all the baby eskimoes to die, ay?"

Palin is blocking the investigation into troopergate now:

In July, when legislators started talking about conducting an investigation, Palin denied any wrongdoing and said she welcomed an investigation.
    "Hold me accountable," she said.

The Legislature took her up on that offer. But this week, she basically told the Legislature, "Never mind."

Palin's lawyer has asked the Legislature to drop its investigation. He had the governor file an ethics complaint against herself, in a bid to turn the entire matter over to the state Personnel Board, which would hire an independent investigator.

This is not an open and transparent attempt to establish Gov. Palin's accountability. It is an attempt to drag out the investigation until after voters decide the fate of her vice-presidential bid.

Instead, Gov. Palin should honor her pledge to cooperate with the Legislature's investigation, conducted by former state prosecutor Steve Branchflower.

When this investigation into Troopergate started, Gov. Palin's response was refreshingly open. Since she became the Republican candidate for vice president, her approach has changed for the worse. America deserves the same openness and ethics from vice-presidential candidate Palin that she promised to Alaska voters in 2006.
    Full Article here
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by john bush
    Isn't this the most marvelous running mate in the history of this nation?
    one speech (not even written by her) = best vp in history

or does marvelous mean something other than effective/competent/etc. who is the messiah now? are people this fucking dumb?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080905/...r/mccain_palin
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    one speech (not even written by her) = best vp in history

or does marvelous mean something other than effective/competent/etc. who is the messiah now? are people this fucking dumb?

I think it's not about the speech's content, but the way it was delivered that made her so popular...she's probably the most down to earth politican to ever be on a ticket, as far as being a women who's clearly a mother first and a governor second.

Add that to her physical attractive-ness and gender, and your bound to over-excite the general public.

did joe biden even give a speech?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 09-06-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I think it's not about the speech's content, but the way it was delivered that made her so popular...she's probably the most down to earth politican to ever be on a ticket, as far as being a women who's clearly a mother first and a governor second.

Add that to her physical attractive-ness and gender, and your bound to over-excite the general public.

did joe biden even give a speech?
    Wil, your infatuation for Palin completely mirrors the hypocrisy of the Republican Party.

My father's wife is a born-again, and (naturally) a Fox News devotee. All I heard a couple of weekends ago when I visited was how "Obama is a wildcard". How "he has no experience". Heck, even your Chance av mimicks this sentiment. Many Repubs believe strongly that Obama will make rookie mistakes that could cost us dearly as a nation.

But, what about Palin? I must not remind you that the Veep post is a heartattack away from the most powerful position on Earth. I was listening to some GOP bigwig during the convention speak of her lack of Washington expertise like this: "She'll learn on the job. She'll get a crash course on the Presidency. She'll learn fast." Of couse, if a crash "cart" is involved, she'll have zero time to learn whatsoever.

Please know this: I do not have a problem with Sarah Palin. Most politicians have a corrupt side. It's simply human nature, owning that kind of power, to abuse it from time to time. What she did (or might have done) in Alaska is no different than Biden giving kickbacks, Obama and that slumlord, or McCain suddenly becoming "Mr. GOP Rah Rah" after countless years of being just the opposite. But, unlike Obama, she has ZERO necessary experience. Alaska is NOT Texas, Cadifahnia, Floriduh, or Illinois. It's problems do not reflect the average problems of this nation. Were one can gauge the presidential qualities of, say, Arnold, it would be impossible to do the same with the gov of Alaska. It's barely even a state, in comparitive terms, so different than any other of the 49 sectors that it simply should be considered "wilderness with borders".

And with all of this in mind, she would be a tragedy away from ultimate responsibility.

Each day I ponder the thought, the more resounding becomes my conclusion. You know it, Tahoe knows it, we all know it: Sarah Palin is simply a counter to a black man running on the blue side. If McCain chose a white old-guard running-mate, he'd fall squarely in the crosshairs of Obama's Change strategy. He needed somebody different. Problem is, he chose TOO different.And he chose hastily, without proper checking. This woman's history appears to be a ticking timebomb, as each new piece of garbage about her is COMPLETELY NEW to everybody, unlike Biden, whose dirty laundry is old news to the Washington know-it-alls.

This choice McCain made is one of two things: a) he made this choice on his own, or b) the powers that be made it for him. If "a", his choice was poor, and reflects his inability to be President. If b), then he will be no different than Bush, who allowed others to make choices for him as well.

There is truth in the concept that there is no Presidency 101 course. Either you have the qualities, or you don't. Many Vice Presidents have turned to become fine Presidents. Others, not so good. Governors of major states the same. There is no fool-proof formula as to who will fit and who will not. But I can say this: Here is a woman who listened in on a phone conversation between a state trooper and her sister, then, instead of confronting him with courage, allegedly decided to use her powers and try to get him fired in an indirect, cowardly manner. Forget that she's a woman for a moment, since it's not getting any easier upstairs. Does she have the strength to lead a nation? Does she have the courage to make the difficult decisions? Based on her tenure as both Mayor and Governor of a wildlife preserve, I would have to say no.

Feel free to respond, Wil. I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Tahoe, keep you mouth (fingers) shut.

AlsoTahoecanrespondifhe'dlikesincetahoeistahoeanda in'tadamnthingwecandoaboutit.

+ Reply to Thread