+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@ MSNBC

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    They said "let's change it" while they were passing it. Remember "passing it is the important part, large bills like this always change over time".

Also, GTFO with the "if they would have gotten Republican input upfront." Even you know the Pubs were having none of that and that O bent over backwards to try and get them to responsibly contribute.

Not news, just PR.
    I"m just in a laughing mood tonight cuz this is funny too. Sorry Foo. But do you remember tort reform? Do you remember cross state competition for HC?

IMO you are revising history.

The bill was written behind closed doors by the Dems and dropped on their desks late at night and expected to vote on it the next day.

You do remember Obamas pledge to post any bill online don't you? or to make sure any bill writen would be read and not voted on for 3 days or something? I can't remember that part.

Anyway...
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    So I want to see what the other side is saying about the repeal of HC, (since FoxNews just lies) and what are the topics I've seen so far on Hardball? Sarah Palin! That is so hilarious. The lefts "NEWS" is a disgrace. Sorry, I mean no disrespect.
    It's news-based entertainment. They aren't claiming to be "fair and balanced". In fact, "Lean Forward" blatantly discloses that you are watching programming with a progressive viewpoint.

Surely you can see the difference.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, the big differences are:

1) The channel not called "NBC News"
    2) They don't claim to be fair and balanced
    3) They actually invite GOP people on there to defend themselves
    4) They don't lie out their ass and make shit up (like posting pictures from a different rally to lie about attendance)

Sure, MSNBC puts a liberal spin on things, but they don't pretend to be something they are not. The bad thing about Fox "News" is that a large chunk of viewers don't actually know they are being lied to on a regular basis.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

^lol

^^ lol
    Players meeting my ASS!

lol
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    It's news-based entertainment. They aren't claiming to be "fair and balanced". In fact, "Lean Forward" blatantly discloses that you are watching programming with a progressive viewpoint.

Surely you can see the difference.
    But MSNBC routinely has Tom Brokaw on, F Chuck Todd, Senators and Congress peeps. Is it a news program in the classic sense? No, but nothing is anymore, afaict.

I dislike O'Reilly a lot, but at least he says that he is not a journalist but opinion something or other? I forgot the phrase that a lot of them use nowadats to describe themselves so they can add their opinion.

Maybe Headline News(if its still on) is just reading of the news, but thats a lost approach that was prolly driven by viewership. I mean peeps watch opinion news these day cuz they like it better.

btw...about an hour after I ripped MSNBC, which is still a joke to me for other reasons, Fox had a story about some lottery winner who has to share her winnings with her estranged hubby. So the repeal was obviously news, but maybe not worthy of one straight hour of coverage. mybadonthatpart
    Players meeting my ASS!

I really don't care what they consider newsworthy (on MSNBC or Fox News since they are not true news stations). Olberman's Thurbur readings are not news (I turn it off when he reads them), so it isn't like they don't run some non hard hitting stuff either.

That being said, the stories they choose to cover should as least be the truth. They should also not employ actual GOP candidates on their payroll and donate to the GOP governor's fund, then turn around and call themselves fair and balanced.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Just read that Comcast might try to raise the Titanic.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread