+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Republican National Convention thread

I suppose, but she's no expert on economy (which Mitt was) that McCain admits is his weakness.

I think he just wanted someone willing to go against the grain like him. Unfortunately she is severely pro life and that will prevent many Hillary voters from crossing over.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

It'll be interesting to watch this pick play out.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh

Babies, guns and Jesus, hot damn!
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I suppose, but she's no expert on economy (which Mitt was) that McCain admits is his weakness.

I think he just wanted someone willing to go against the grain like him. Unfortunately she is severely pro life and that will prevent many Hillary voters from crossing over.

Yeah, but even as Glenn pointed out, Mitt had his obvious flaws. Can't say the same about Palin without having to do a bit of research. She was a safe and intelligent pick.

Also, I don't think the pro-life thing will hurt her as much as you think. I honestly think those women will vote for her, simply because she's female (kind of like how blacks will vote Obama, because he is black).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Yeah, but even as Glenn pointed out, Mitt had his obvious flaws. Can't say the same about Palin without having to do a bit of research. She was a safe and intelligent pick.
    Let's see how this investigation that she is under by the state goes, first. Something tells me that the 80% approval rating makes that "go away" -- but it's still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Also, I don't think the pro-life thing will hurt her as much as you think. I honestly think those women will vote for her, simply because she's female (kind of like how blacks will vote Obama, because he is black).
    That's a couple of very broad generalizations, right there. You might want to say "many" of "most" but it sounds like you are implying "all", which is definitely untrue.
    Find a new slant.

But she accepted the investigation with open arms. andwhodoesnt
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    ^I was about to respond until I read the white text, lol.

So Wineman (Newsweek) says that the theme of the RNC was apparently going to be "Not ready to lead" and that is being changed now.

It seems to me they are going to need to spend a lot of convention time teaching people who Palin is and propping her up. That's less time to do other things (talk about the issues at hand, attack, etc) IMO.
    Find a new slant.

2 replies to ^

Not ready to lead on day 1 is still a problem for the Dems cuz Biden isn't the Prez, Mr. Asbestos Legislature is the guy peeps are having to evaluate. <--snarky

and I forgot 2 already...
    Players meeting my ASS!

Oh I remember now, its the argument I made the other day. The Repubs no more lost the 'experience' argument than BO did the 'change' argument when he picked Biden cuz he has been in the Senate since the first for along time.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Oh I remember now, its the argument I made the other day. The Repubs no more lost the 'experience' argument than BO did the 'change' argument when he picked Biden cuz he has been in the Senate since the first for along time.

agreed.

+ Reply to Thread