1 2 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Spartans at Cal, 8/30, 8:00pm, ABC

OGT: Spartans at Cal, 8/30, 8:00pm, ABC

in the interest of being fair
    AT
    MICHIGAN STATE
    Last year: 7-6
    Big Ten: 3-5
    Bowl: Champs Sports; lost to Boston College, 24-21.
    Coach: Mark Dantonio (7-6, 1 year; 25-23 overall, 4 years)

The good stuff: Quarterback Brian Hoyer shows nice promise and tailback Javon Ringer could be among the Big Ten's best players. A defense led by linebacker Greg Jones and corners Kendell Davis-Clark and Ross Weaver should be one of MSU's best in recent memory.

To be determined: The loss of three starters and a semi-starter leaves the offensive line in flux. The Spartans need a passing game playmaker to replace Devin Thomas (NFL early entry).

Camp update: Keshawn Martin's early camp performance immediately sparked speculation the freshman wideout could help fill Thomas' role in the passing game. The Spartans think they'll have excellent depth at the position regardless.

Newcomer to watch: Dantonio thinks enough of junior Rocco Cironi to project him as starting left tackle. Redshirt freshman receiver B.J. Cunningham should be a factor.

Pivotal players: Early question marks about the line and receivers put the onus on Ringer to carry the Spartan offense in a big way early.

Make or break games: State hasn't beaten rival Michigan since the disputed clock game of 2001 and probably won't get a better chance than the Oct. 25 matchup in Ann Arbor.

In the end: Road trips to Indiana, Northwestern and Michigan will be the barometer of whether the Spartans are now an upper-division Big Ten team. If State wins all three, Dantonio's team be the talk of the conference.
    I wouldn't put this game in the must win category but more in the must play well category if that makes sense. Sort of a national tv game but most of the country will probably get Alabama at Clemson.

^ I was invited, but declined.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    in the interest of being fair
    AT

I wouldn't put this game in the must win category but more in the must play well category if that makes sense. Sort of a national tv game but most of the country will probably get Alabama at Clemson.
    I agree with your, "I wouldn't put this game in the must win category but more in the must play well category." I think MSU will win this game by 4 points, 27-23. What the question will then be, as it has been for a while, can MSU stay focused after a big win? I think MSU has a chance to be undefeated going into the OSU game. However, i think a more realistic outcome for the season will be 8-4.

Blog Entries
    I'm not that sure about this game, so I'm going to just go with whatever bukdow thinks.

MSU 27
    Cal 23
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Other than Greg Jones, Trevor Anderson, Javon Ringer, and Roland Martin, Michigan State has almost no "stand-out" talent.

First off, I don't see how they're going to be better this year, than last year. Between Devin Thomas & Kellen Davis, that's over 85% of their receiving offense gone from last year. Not to mention, Jehuu & Devin combined for another 1000 yds rushing. Who's going to fill that void??? A.J. Jimmerson??? Please...

Top that with losing SirDarean Adams, Nemo Warrick, Kaleb Thronhill, Ervin Baldwin, Travis Key, Jonal Saint-Dic and hell, even T.J. Williams. I don't see how that translates into a more successful season.

Now I'll admit it if I turn out to be wrong, but as of right now, I think most of MSU's preseason hype is unwarranted.

I'll take Cal. 24-14.
    Last edited by Wilfredo Ledezma; 08-26-2008 at 08:06 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post is awesome and I can't wait for Bukdow to come back with some "Dr. Tre" type response to this so we can all have our eyes opened. Go get 'em Bukky!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Other than Greg Jones, Trevor Anderson, Javon Ringer, and Roland Martin, Michigan State has almost no "stand-out" talent.

First off, I don't see how they're going to be better this year, than last year. Between Devin Thomas & Kellen Davis, that's over 85% of their receiving offense gone from last year. Not to mention, Jehuu & Devin combined for another 1000 yds rushing. Who's going to fill that void??? A.J. Jimmerson??? Please...

Top that with losing SirDarean Adams, Nemo Warrick, Kaleb Thronhill, Ervin Baldwin, Travis Key, Jonal Saint-Dic and hell, even T.J. Williams. I don't see how that translates into a more successful season.

Now I'll admit it if I turn out to be wrong, but as of right now, I think most of MSU's preseason hype is unwarranted.

I'll take Cal. 24-14.
    You are wrong and have learned nothing.
    Find a new slant.

I got Cal by 10+

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    I got Cal by 10+
    j/k Muhme.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

watching this game is like having aganozing diarhea.

like, drop to your knees, shit all over your self, and cry to mommy, painful diarhea.

+ Reply to Thread