+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: 2008 Democratic National Convention thread

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Bush gave away most of the surplus before we were attacked in the form of tax breaks. That's why a lot of folks voted for him. Clinton's big mistake was in leaving it in piggy-bank form so every candidate could make a lot of promises about what to do with it. He should've committed it to deficit reduction, which would've given the next president flexibility, but prohibit bankrupt promises.

He gave the tax cuts cuz Clinton last 2 quarters were not good economically. Or was it the last 3?

He had the foresight to know what was coming. I remembe reading that the we prolly would have been in a recession (by definition) if Bush hadn't put money in the pockets of the peeps that drive the economy.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Despite what you are hearing on the channel you watch, Iraq is going to be in disarray no matter what.

So the only question is, how many more Americans have to die and how many more billions (trillions?) need to be spent?

Cue "the narrative of defeat" talking point.
    Based on what? Or convince me. I guess its possible, but I think the gov't is getting more equipped to deal with Governing their country every day.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    He gave the tax cuts cuz Clinton last 2 quarters were not good economically. Or was it the last 3?

He had the foresight to know what was coming. I remembe reading that the we prolly would have been in a recession (by definition) if Bush hadn't put money in the pockets of the peeps that drive the economy.
    I'm so glad Bush saved our economy from certain disaster.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

He did in a lot of peeps opinions whos job it is to evaluate those things.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread