+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Democratic National Convention thread

^I won't. If she does a lame speech and her supporters don't help Obama (and he fails). No way will she win the primary in 4 years.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I kind of agree with the sentiment that its as much of BO's job to go get those voters as it is for her to deliver them.

I'm not trying to be insulting here, but BO didn't exactly close the deal in the last weeks of the primary season.
    Remember, Obama was in general-election mode for the last month or so. He was giving her room to gracefully concede, but she was hell bent on taking it to the bitter end, reinforcing the stereotype that women suck at math. Now he's having to deal with Hillary's past attacks, many of which came after the math took her out of it. Hell, Team Hillary (Slick Willie and Gumbo Carville) is dissing Obama today, insuring that it's the top story over Michelle Obama's pretty good speech (I'd call it a double from what I heard -- women were the target more than dudes) and Kennedy's very good speech (a triple at worst).

Hillary started the message today saying make no mistake there is only one choice to make this fall...Barack Obama. Hopefully she continues that tonight.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    MSNBC is reporting that Hillary let Obama's team review her speech and they are apparently thrilled with it.
    Find a new slant.

But Hillary didn't create the problem and I'm not sure its hers to fix. BO didn't do great in some of those areas.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    MSNBC is reporting that Hillary let Obama's team review her speech and they are apparently thrilled with it.
    I'm watching CNN and it does sound like the Clinton machine has completely acquiesced. <-- Good for the Dems, for sure.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Hillary's speech on a scale of 1-10?
    Players meeting my ASS!

McCain has been pwned.

the women's rights comments should hit home. LOL at the twin city comment.

I think she hit a home run with this one. I never liked her as a canidate, but I sure like her fighting for America on other fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    McCain has been pwned.

the women's rights comments should hit home. LOL at the twin city comment.

I think she hit a home run with this one. I never liked her as a canidate, but I sure like her fighting for America on other fronts.
    Ok, I'll be expecting that in the polls over the next month.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Great speech, she did exactly what she needed to do, IMO.

I think she's well positioned for 2012 or 2016.

Did anyone else feel like they've stacked the deck with subpar speakers just to make the "stars" (Hil, Bill, Biden, BO) seem that much better?

I'm not being serious, of course, but some of these guys were as entertaining as dried mud. It was funny to see Olbermann and Matthews poke fun at them, though.

Matthews is a mess. Somewhere in his rambling he makes a good point here and there, but he comes across as some sort of bumbling idiot savant or something.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread