+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Democratic National Convention thread

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    http://www.boston.com/sports/article...e_left/?page=2
    Conventional thinking: While he will surely be jet-lagged after coming back from the Olympics in China, Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony hopes to attend the Democratic National Convention in Denver, which begins tomorrow and ends Thursday. Anthony supports Democratic candidate Barack Obama and hopes to meet him at the convention at Pepsi Center, where Anthony often is the star attraction. "I support him 100 percent," Anthony said. "I'm not a politician, I can tell you that right now. But I support Barack Obama. That's history, too, for it to go on at the place where I work. I'd love to be a part of that."
    Will Obama have the balls to tell Carmelo Anthony to stop being a bitch on the NBA court? Will he actually challenge the sissypuncher to a one-on-one deathmatch? If he doesnt, what will this mean for Obama's chances. This could be a PIVOTAL moment in the election... Obama, you better not blow it with Carmela!

"I'm not a politician, I can tell you that right now. But I support Barack Obama.
    Thanks for clearing that up Melo.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Chris, did you even look at going to Thursday night's speech at Invesco?

That would be something that you would never forget.

I just wonder how tough of a ticket to get it is right now.

I looked into it. I would definitely go. The ticket process was pretty complicated. I'm hoping someone has some on craig's list or something and cannot go.

You had to put your name in a hat and then they select a certain amount of people and everyone else gets wait listed. Because we are closing on our house Wednesday (we didn't know the exact day or time until recently), I didn't get into the process for fear I could not go.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 08-25-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Talking on the phone this am, one bud said MO didn't hit it out of the park but she hit a triple. The other just said it was pretty good. Sounds like an 8 and 6 to me. Not bad.

I don't know, I didn't watch.
    Players meeting my ASS!

BTW...Hill ain't goin nowherez. She'll be the Dem nominee at some point, and most likely our Prez some day.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    BTW...Hill ain't goin nowherez. She'll be the Dem nominee at some point, and most likely our Prez some day.
    Not if she doesn't hit a home run tonight.

This is the biggest speech of her career.

She needs to deliver her supporters to Obama (the ones that are rational, at least).
    Find a new slant.

I kind of agree with the sentiment that its as much of BO's job to go get those voters as it is for her to deliver them.

I'm not trying to be insulting here, but BO didn't exactly close the deal in the last weeks of the primary season.

She will rip Bush and the war tonight, doing her part on that front, but I don't expect much more than her concession speech.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I agree with Glenn. Hillary needs to demand that a vote for McCain (or staying home) is a vote against everything she stands for. If she does that, and her voters deliver I definitely see her going at this again down the road.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I kind of agree with the sentiment that its as much of BO's job to go get those voters as it is for her to deliver them.

I'm not trying to be insulting here, but BO didn't exactly close the deal in the last weeks of the primary season.

She will rip Bush and the war tonight, doing her part on that front, but I don't expect much more than her concession speech.

Well, many of her fellow Dems will never support her in the future if she doesn't take care of business tonight, IMO.

Politics at its finest.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread