+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: OGT: Preseason week 1, Giants at Lions (8/7/08, 7pm kick, aired at 9pm on WWJTV)

IF THIS TEAM CAN BEAT THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPS WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

So how did everyone look? I wasn't home to watch the game and I expected there to be more chatter about it when I got back.
    _

I'm stirring a pitcher of blue Kool-Aid as we speak.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Cherilus had three penalties in his limited action and was supposedly booed.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

So the 'we're going to run the ball this year' worked real well in the first quarter with that 8 yard total.

On to the 2nd quarter.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Calvin looked sick! Kitna said if he sees 1 on 1 coverage with him EVER he will take his chances and I don't blame him. I have picked Roy Williams on my fantasy team every year since he has been a rookie but I think I might have to switch to Calvin this year. Roy will be a good compliment to him but Calvin does look like the MAN.

Running game looked bad as usual but at least if they keep this 50/50 split going it will open up the passing game and eventually if teams start to back off and cover the pass the running game should benefit. Smith looked better than Bell but it might have just been the rookie 1st game ever energy making him look better. Neither one looked impressive. The offensive play calling looked MUCH better aesthetically. Like I said I have had Roy in fantasy the past few years so I didn't mind the Martz offense for that but to win games I like what I saw on Thursday a lot better.

Cherilus had penalties but he did get down field on a lot of blocks in the running game. If he shoots the team in the foot all year like Foster did last year with penalties I'll be pissed but if he tightens up his skills he could be a good RT and be that road grater type guy.

I thought Buster Davis looked better than Dizon. I think Dizon is another Teddy Lehman that isn't big enough to play in the NFL but I hope I'm wrong. It's another Millen pick that he made with his gut and that is never good. Davis however looks like a run stopping MLB like Earl Holmes and I like guys like that but I don't think they fit good in the Tampa 2 so who knows if he will play there or just as a special teams guy.

Stanton is a joke, IMO. He just runs the ball every time he has more than 2 seconds to think about it and the 1 pass he threw down the field wobbled like the typical duck he always throws. It looked like ti might have been tipped but I still have never seen the guy throw a tight spiral more than 10 yards. He juked the team down the field on the game winning drive but it was a lot of running on his part that got it done and against the Giants practice squad defense that is trying to concentrate on covering their own man I was not impressed. Orlovsky looked much better but John Kitna looked the best I have seen him in a Lions uniform. Kitna looked comfortable and I like the fact that he will be able to change the plays at the line this year. I think it will be good for the team because John is a seasoned veteran that can read defenses and get them into favorable match-ups especially if he sees Calvin in 1 on 1 and the other team is cheating up to stop a run. Could lead to some big plays for the Lions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Cherilus had three penalties in his limited action and was supposedly booed.
    Bunch of punks.

+ Reply to Thread