+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Madden 09 Demo

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Somebody help me, i'm slowly breaking down into getting the game on the visual aspects. It's trap i should not fall in to.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    So far I found out that you cannot change the button scheme(which is atrocious to me) .

is the button scheme the same as last years?? (assuming you bought xbox360), i hope so, fucking with the buttons is the reason i couldn't figure out mlb 2k8...

1.) Yes it is and you can't change it this time.
    2.)You've been living under a rock blind and high off dope if you've missed that I own a PS3, used to play my brothers 360 to give a fair play to their exclusives and see game to game comparisons, but he sold it because...Well he was bored(i dare not explain).

3.) I just bought the game for PS3 and its tolerable enough to deal with it. The gameplay and controls in spite of the shitty button scheme felt clean and crisp. I recommend it if you gotta have a football game. Its good enough for that. In fact If you loved the simplistic, offense loving, coneless, Madden 2005, you'll like it even more since most of the feel added to it comes from the creator of that Madden. I'll give trhem credit for one thing. They've made finesse feature backs just and potent to break free in their own special way with jukes as strong RB's can with the full ahead truck stick.
    ^

Let me also say that you can upload highlights to EA online for all to see from any game online i think. game froze on my second game online so i didnt get a chance to test it.
    ^

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    1.) Yes it is and you can't change it this time.
    2.)You've been living under a rock blind and high off dope if you've missed that I own a PS3, used to play my brothers 360 to give a fair play to their exclusives and see game to game comparisons, but he sold it because...Well he was bored(i dare not explain).

3.) I just bought the game for PS3 and its tolerable enough to deal with it. The gameplay and controls in spite of the shitty button scheme felt clean and crisp. I recommend it if you gotta have a football game. Its good enough for that. In fact If you loved the simplistic, offense loving, coneless, Madden 2005, you'll like it even more since most of the feel added to it comes from the creator of that Madden. I'll give trhem credit for one thing. They've made finesse feature backs just and potent to break free in their own special way with jukes as strong RB's can with the full ahead truck stick.
    1. The control scheme is fine. Once you get used to it, you will realize how much better it is than the last gen schemes.

2. "tolerable enough to deal with". LMFAO.

I'm going to go on record to say that it's probably the best Madden to date on any system barring any huge glitch that is found down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    1. The control scheme is fine. Once you get used to it, you will realize how much better it is than the last gen schemes.

2. "tolerable enough to deal with". LMFAO.

I'm going to go on record to say that it's probably the best Madden to date on any system barring any huge glitch that is found down the road.
    1.) No its not, especially on defense. But you're entitled to your opinion.

2.) Yea tolerable enough, laugh yourself into a heart attack about it. It's an honest opinion. If you loved 2005 madden you'll like this one i guess. I personally thought 2005 madden had too many arcade like elements to it as does this. To each his own though.

Once you get used to it, you will realize how much better it is than the last gen schemes.
    Yea having the game do your your stiff arms, qb's return to looking one way throw another, and finding yourself hit a top trigger button for speed burst were ingenious.....To you.
    ^

..... and finding yourself hit a top trigger button for speed burst were ingenious
    this made me curse as well

1.) No its not, especially on defense. But you're entitled to your opinion.

2.) Yea tolerable enough, laugh yourself into a heart attack about it. It's an honest opinion. If you loved 2005 madden you'll like this one i guess. I personally thought 2005 madden had too many arcade like elements to it as does this. To each his own though.

Yea having the game do your your stiff arms, qb's return to looking one way throw another, and finding yourself hit a top trigger button for speed burst were ingenious.....To you.
    Holing the R trigger to speed burst frees up the A or X button to do stiff arms. I hated having to stiff arm with the triggers or bumpers.

But considering that control scheme has been in place for 3 YEARS now, I guess you have been playing Madden 2005 since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    this made me curse as well
    What are you guys....new?

It's been like that for awhile now.

I always liked using the triggers to do jukes or stiff arms instead of speed bursts. That way, you can pick which direction you want to do it. Seems like it gives more control. Then again, I haven't played a Madden game beyond Madden 2005 so I may end up loving it when I finally get a chance.
    _

+ Reply to Thread