+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Madden 09 Demo

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I always liked using the triggers to do jukes or stiff arms instead of speed bursts. That way, you can pick which direction you want to do it. Seems like it gives more control. Then again, I haven't played a Madden game beyond Madden 2005 so I may end up loving it when I finally get a chance.

Those moves are now on the R-stick and they even put some cool moves on the L-stick as well, giving you more control of your player than you ever have.

I'm fully OK with that change then. I don't even remember what the R-stick did in Madden 05 on Xbox.
    _

That's why I don't mind the speed burst on the trigger because it's out of the way, freeing my hands to work the sticks a little better.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    What are you guys....new?

It's been like that for awhile now.
    two years is not awhile since i bought my first next gen system last year. And it doesnt stop it from being a flaw. Again you're acting uppity like everyone should suck madden's dick because you love it. But thats not a reality. You're entitled to your opinion, but its not golden man.

Holing the R trigger to speed burst frees up the A or X button to do stiff arms. I hated having to stiff arm with the triggers or bumpers.
    then its perfect for YOU. But most people I know liked being control of their stiff arms. Not one button magic pushing. Maybe you weren't great at rushing and the easier do more work for you set up is great. Either way its defense where i hold more issue, it just doesnt work imo like that. But that's for me. I also think that they took away alot of the in your hands power to make it easier for casual gamers. which sucks for people who know how to play when you're really playing handicap football with your cpu partner again. He does your field of vision and you just push a throw button. you hit X and he figures out the best juke for ya. I also noticed that they killed fair play settings to. All moves for the casual madden gamer. I respect that, but doesnt mean i have to see it as the crowning achievement of lowered skill flawed action that you do. I said the game was tolerable enough to play, So i do think its better than last year. But count me out of that "greatest madden ever" bandwagon.

this made me curse as well
    Yea, they were trying to make bangpow happier than us. :P

That's why I don't mind the speed burst on the trigger because it's out of the way, freeing my hands to work the sticks a little better.
    You keep saying that as if the sticks were changed too when they are the one thing that was not. they were free for your pleasure palace in the first place, unless they gave you a screw job on the original xbox madden.
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 08-18-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Yeah I said fuck the demo and went and picked up Madden today. I just haven't had a football game in way too long (NFL 2k5)...

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    Yeah I said fuck the demo and went and picked up Madden today. I just haven't had a football game in way too long (NFL 2k5)...
    Yea, kinda was my mood. Told myself i'd live with the flaws and the shitty control scheme as long as the controls were responsive, which they are this time around(i'll give it credit when its due). I play this madden more for the football fan in me than it being amazing. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10, which is an big jump from last year.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V

You keep saying that as if the sticks were changed too when they are the one thing that was not. they were free for your pleasure palace in the first place, unless they gave you a screw job on the original xbox madden.
    Actually, they have changed a bit. Try juking with the L stick, you can pull off moves that you haven't been able to do before because they weren't on the L stick before.

Also, with more jukes and special moves on the R-stick, how are you going to pull those off if your thumb is on the A, or X, button hitting the speed burst?

It's time to step up to big boy school and use the advanced controls that are in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    NFL 2K5, while a good game, has gotten totally overrated since it's death.

Blog Entries
    Collinsworth's commentary on this game is an abortion...

I'm not impressed with '09, I thought '08 was better than this...

Waste.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Actually, they have changed a bit. Try juking with the L stick, you can pull off moves that you haven't been able to do before because they weren't on the L stick before.

Also, with more jukes and special moves on the R-stick, how are you going to pull those off if your thumb is on the A, or X, button hitting the speed burst?

It's time to step up to big boy school and use the advanced controls that are in the game.
    No it not different, they added a break tackle result and on contact element but the sticks still the same pre-contact.

Damnit bangpow lay off the good batch of sticky icky ganja you've been enjoying. The moves are the same, its the result of them they changed.

Advanced as in less work?

Yes swimming your thumbs around and hitting the x button is so advanced. Oh and that speed burst on your top R2 trigger, guess what kids. That's just not any R2 trigger, its advanced for us big boy mooninites use because we are the freshest thing ever. The sticks are magic and do so many things making us the greatest for loving them. You are insignificant bitches if you don't love it anbd cherish it's greatness. Oh this is so advanced earth people, Madden mooninites has come to take over your mind. Get ready, for there will be an explosion of extraordinary magnitude..

^

+ Reply to Thread