+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kwame in town, Pistons sign Kwame Brown

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!

i would have rather us stand pat than make this move. i get that he's a serviceable backup at that pricetag and therefore, technically, a solid pickup. perhaps.

but if we now turn around and trade one of our young bigs (amir or j-max) in another deal (for josh smith or not!) i'll be super pissed. or if he takes minutes from them then it's stupid also. true, neither is a true C but they share minutes with other bigs who can slide to C with them in there.

also i don't buy that he's just another in a long list of players who 'found their way to fulfilling their potential after coming to detroit' or whatever. billups, rip, sheed, dice, etc.....none of those guys suffered from poor work ethic and laziness like brown. THAT is his main problem and i don't know if that can be corrected.

i don't hate on the guy either- it's not his fault jordan was dumb enough to draft him #1 overall. but i have a hard time seeing him be anything more than a more athletic mohammed. which for that price is an OK move. but the implications the move has on other players is what i think could end up being a negative move unless there's another deal made in the coming days and weeks.

brown can play C which is an advantage but if we picked him up to take minutes from amir or j-max then it's a big mistake IMO.

there has to be another move coming and it had better be to move sheed.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    but if we now turn around and trade one of our young bigs (amir or j-max) in another deal (for josh smith or not!) i'll be super pissed. or if he takes minutes from them then it's stupid also. true, neither is a true C but they share minutes with other bigs who can slide to C with them in there.
    Well i don't care for that when other True Centers box them out the rebounding area like pussies and back them down all day. Fuck that. If a truer center worries your idea of minutes for our forwards, then we have too many forwards and maybe one has to go.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Fan question:

How many games do I have to give Kwame in a Pistons uniform before I can start hating him?

(Flip Murray took 2 games)
    Well I don't hate him, he'll never be the #1 pick Kwame the dumbass wizards hoped for, i think he'll be a help in detroit.

Also I doubt it's a precursor to anything major. Maybe a backup gets dealt, but at the end of the day we have too many PF's and no Centers outside of Samb. We need bigs who play big against other Bigs like Ben Wallace, Elden Campbell and even Memeht Okur(though inconsistent) all did. If it's any consolation me and Jacki Chan both endorse Amir Johnson as a rotational guy over Maxiell.

^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Im happy with this. We should have signed him to a bigger contract though - his trade value is through the roof!

Anyway, he looks good in this video - so at least, you know... he has some potential?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC-KP...eature=related

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I was wiping my ass, found something that looked like a Kwame, and flushed it down the toilet. That says it all, really.

Boston's scared shitless of us right now.

I get this impression that this is the last move we'll make during the summer, but with Kwame in place Joe will move Sheed (expiring) at the trade deadline. Unless of course Our other bigs are a complete flop. But I think Joe wants to see if Kwame can combine with guys like Amir to be a functional set of big men. Then he'll take everything he can get for an expiring deal and try to light it up then.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/laz...24/kwame-back/

Don't know if anyone has read this, but the first part of the article talks about why the Lakers were thinking of bringing Kwame back. He is regarded as having above average D and interior D is lacking on this Pistons team. For this sole reason I like the move, maybe we won't be bitch slapped by Kendrick FUCKING Perkins next year. Now we have our own gump, BRING IT ON!!

+ Reply to Thread