+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kwame in town, Pistons sign Kwame Brown

THE classic Kwame Brown Article - from the washington post’s Sally Jenkins.
    Growing Pains
    Kwame Brown’s Unsentimental Education
    Highlites:
    • “If you draft me, I’ll never disappoint you,”
    • There was the time they discovered that he was eating Popeyes fried chicken for every meal, including breakfast, because he didn’t really know how to grocery-shop.
    • One morning before a Wizards game, Brown called Lopez, and said, “I have nothing to wear. Everything’s dirty.” Lopez knew Brown had a closet full of new suits – he had helped hang them there. “Kwame,” he explained, “you have to take those suits to the dry cleaners.” That was fine, Brown said, but he didn’t know how to do that, and he still didn’t have anything to wear. Lopez drove over to Brown’s apartment, and found the suits in a heap by the bed. Each time Brown wore one, he would take it off, wad it up and throw it in a corner.
    http://www.kwamebrownsucks.com/2007/01/

I'm ok with this move. People are talking about giving him $8 million, but it's better to talk about giving him $4 million, since it's 2 years. At $4 million per year it's ok, considering what he's capable of. I don't expect him to be better than he's ever been. That would be horribly unrealistic.
    But we know that he shoots a high percentage, he'll stay down low, he can bring 8 points and 6 rebounds, and he's an above average defender. Really, that's not bad for $4 million per year.
    As a role player, he's fair. As a #1 overall pick, he's a huge bust. But we bring him in as a role player and he should be fine in that role.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

At least we didn't spend the whole MLE on a backup swing man... at least he addresses a more pressing need... ANY KIND OF POST PRESENCE.
    Decent SG's and SF are real easy to find.. to get a solid backup big when you're a playoff team takes risks... this is low risk with a possible uptick.... ain't no thang to get sIted 'bout.

WTF?
    Worst letdown ever after all the buzz all summer long. This must be how other teams feel when they got Darko.

My girlfriend's dad read the headline to me, and I laughed, assuming he was kidding. Just wow. This has to be a precursor to one (or more) of the other bigs being packaged in a trade. I just hope it's a good one.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Blog Entries
    I've read that year 2 is a team option, can anyone confirm?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    $4 million or a $200 Gift Certificate to Pinwheel Bakery. CAKES!!!

Blog Entries
    Stein says it's a player option
    Find a new slant.

Stein says it's a player option
    If Detroit has delicious cakes, Kwane will stay the extra season.

Fan question:

How many games do I have to give Kwame in a Pistons uniform before I can start hating him?

(Flip Murray took 2 games)

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread