+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2008/09 WTFDetroit Fantasy Football League

I'm not a fan of that either, sorry. I assume you went Jones Drew and TO as your first two picks. If you are in the end of the round you almost have to go RB with your first two picks or you get a marginal starter as your 2nd back. It's hard to say who would have been there but I would have gotten two of these (Portis, LJ, Grant, Jones-Drew). I then would have grabbed two WR's in this crop (Boldin, Plaxico, Roy, Calvin, Jennings, Welker) with my 3rd/4th picks.

After that I'm fuzzy on your draft. I can't figure out who you took in the 5th round. I think maybe Thomas Jones was your 4th (seems about right) but with two RB's early you could opt for a pretty good TE or QB in the 5th before getting depth.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Nah, I gotta disagree there. I think I can win with this team, I just hate TO and Warner and T Jones in general. Picking 12th sucks, didn't leave me with too many options. Grant and Portis were gone and I wouldn't touch LJ with a 10 foot pole on that team with that line. I considered Jamal Lewis and McGahee instead of TO but there just seemed to be a lot less question marks with TO. In years past I've always gone double RB but with so few true feature backs any more, the third tier of backs has grown and there seemed to be alot more value in waiting till the 3rd/4th.

I have the most RB depth in the league, though. We start 2 RB and a flex WR/RB, and with 12 teams that means about 30 RBs should start each week. With MJD/Jones/Smith/Perry/Stewart I've got alot of guys getting alot of touches, just not the high end talent I like to have.

There's no TE or QB i'd really want in the 5th, after the top tier on those it's just a jumble of similairly producing players. Why reach for one when you can get one that scores only a point or two less a week 6 rounds later? McNabb and Cutler are the only other QBs (outside of the obvious Brady/Manning/Romo/Brees/Palmer who were all gone before my 3rd pick) I think have a chance to be much better than the guys I have, and even then we're not talking much.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

So who did you get in the 5th?

1) Jones-Drew
    2) TO
    3) Jennings
    4) Jones
    5) ?

Smith, Stewart, etc are all mid to late round picks in my book. I got them in the 9th and 10th rounds in one draft. I got White, Jones, Duece and Driver in the later rounds from the WTF draft. It seems like you have a lot of those types of guys but only a couple surefire contributors.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    (12)Maurice Jones-DrewRB2.(13)Terrell OwensWR3.(36)Thomas JonesRB4.(37)Kevin SmithRB5.(60)Chris PerryRB6.(61)Greg JenningsWR7.(84)Jonathan StewartRB8.(85)Anthony GonzalezWR9.(108)Kurt WarnerQB10.(109)Aaron RodgersQB11.(132)Alge CrumplerTE12.(133)Philip RiversQB13.(156)Bobby EngramWR14.(157)BuffaloDEF15.(180)Mason CrosbyK16.(181)Michael PittmanRB17.(204)Chris TaylorRB
    With 12 teams and up to 3 RB starters, guys like Smith and Perry and Jones are high round picks. Anybody who's going to get the majority of their team's carries doesn't last much past the 4th-5th.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Oh, I forgot to put that backs get 1/2 a point a carry and 1 point a catch in this league. Makes a huge difference.

GO WHITE!

I jus tried joining

Oh damn.

I just tried buying tickets for the UM v. Appalachian State game.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigggChris04
    I jus tried joining
    Nice av.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Oh damn.

I just tried buying tickets for the UM v. Appalachian State game.
    LMAO!
    I cant ever get a break from yall

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Nice av.
    Yea
    Back in the good-ol-day
    When the Pistons actually played like they wanted to win

+ Reply to Thread