+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Artest to the Pistons?

Blog Entries

Artest to the Pistons?

Here's an idea that I saw on Mlive.

Although I am against bringing him here (and also a bit apprehensive about Tmac), this is interesting.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~8~8&te=&cash=

I think the Kings would need a pick or two to even this one out.
    Find a new slant.

Pistons rotation in that trade:

Billups/Stuckey
    T-Mac/Afflalo
    Artest/Sharpe
    Wallace/Maxiell
    Miller/Samb?

That looks like a great lineup on paper, but there could be a lot of potential problems in there. I'm not sure that Artest and T-Mac could co-exist.

I've always loved Miller's game, does he still have anything left in the tank? I haven't seen him play much in the last two years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    He (Miller) just got busted for drugs or something, and his contract isn't the friendliest in the world.

He's also battled some injuries over the past 4 years, but not as many as Tmac.

He's still one of the better passing big men in the game, IMO.
    Find a new slant.

Not that I think he'd come here, but we'd have some serious contracts off the books when Lebron becomes a FA. Sheed and Artest next year, Miller and Tmac the following. I'm not sure about this deal, but if you could make one run at the title and then make a good splash in FA the next couple years it might be worth it. Pretty risky though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

This is going to sound stupid, but I'd rather field a team to beat LeBron every year than have him be the face of Detroit. I enjoy watching BASKETBALL, not "LeBron yells at his teammates after chucking up 30 shots."

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

True, and he won't come here anyway, so it doesn't matter. He'll be in NY or NJ anyway. He wants the world to be his Witness in the NY media market.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

If we moved RIP, Dyess, Prince and Amir for Tmac, Artest and Miller we'd be at about 53 million next summer. The cap will probably be about 61 mil next year. That doesn't really give us a chance at any of the great 2009 FA's. We'd have to wait for the 2010 crop and most of those wouldn't leave anyway.

We'd probably end up with Sheed for another couple years and signing a flawed player like Redd when Tmac's contract is up.

But the offseason of 2010 is not just the Summer of LeBron: It's also the Summer of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd, each of whom can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

And in 2009, the list is illustrious, too: Kobe Bryant, Carlos Boozer, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Richard Hamilton, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Andre Miller, Lamar Odom and Rasheed Wallace can become unrestricted free agents next year.
    complete list

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    He's still one of the better passing big men in the game, IMO.
    So was Webber. Maybe we should just give him another shot and call it a day?
    _

Blog Entries
    ONLY LANGLOIS KNOWS
    Find a new slant.

Shall we consult the great and all-powerful LLTP?
    _

+ Reply to Thread