+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DET/HOU/UTA

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Joe may be wise to move him. I like RIP, but he'll probably opt next year. Otherwise he hits the market with Lebron, Wade, Bosh and the rest of that class.
    That part could be key. Would you want to go for your big money against those guys?
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    That part could be key. Would you want to go for your big money against those guys?
    If there are 10-12 teams with big cap room, they can't all sign those 3 guys.
    Find a new slant.

There's more than those 3 guys in that free agent class. Isn't it supposed to be the big one with a bunch of big names? Not just 3. And are there really going to be THAT many teams with a ton of cap room?
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    If there are 10-12 teams with big cap room, they can't all sign those 3 guys.
    10-12 teams with space (projected) now does not mean they'll still have it. Not when Boozer, Marion, Sheed and a host of other players will be out there next year. Would you wait for Lebron and pass up siging Boozer if you are a team with space next year? Not unless you were very near the top of Lebron's list.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I missed Chris'/Zekyl's point, they appear to be saying that it is MORE likely that Rip opts out next summer ('09) because if he doesn't, he'll be on the market at the same time as the LeBron, Wade, etc class of '10.

That is indeed an excellent point.
    Find a new slant.

yes, that was my point. Thanks for the pat on the back.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

When was "maybe he'll opt out" ever the issue? What all-star doesn't opt out early of their soon to be ending contract to get another long term contract secured as soon as possible?

Ron Artest, that's who.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    And Shawn Marion to name another.

But I see what you are doing here.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread