+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Josh Smith to the D?

Atlanta doesn't get nearly enough there, IMO. Charlotte's angle is questionable as well...

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    Atlanta doesn't get nearly enough there, IMO. Charlotte's angle is questionable as well...
    That's why I said I was skeptic I could come up with a deal.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if the Lakers would dangle Odom to Atlanta as part of a Smith S&T?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

I've never heard of such a ridiculous thing as BYC status...

Basically, he can't be traded to the Pistons at all now? The Hawks couldn't even give him to us if they wanted to?
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-19-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    Significant cap room would be required to make it happen, or a third team with significant cap room.

And the only team left like that is Memphis, and they're not going to use it.
    Find a new slant.

definitely nothing new. confusing, yes. but not new. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I've never heard of such a ridiculous thing as BYC status...

Basically, he can't be traded to the Pistons at all now? The Hawks couldn't even give him to us if they wanted to?

Here are a couple of my posts from another thread on this:

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    So the Smith senario is possible, he just counts as 6 mil and we need to add a lot more filler on their end. Probably possible with Speedy Claxton in there. Or possibly with Childress and Pachulia in there.

So we could do:

Tay/Amir for Smith/Claxton
    Tay/Amir/Max for Smith/Childress/Pachulia

Picks could be involved to balence things out if need be.

Well, the 2nd deal would give us a SF. Dyess could shift back to 6th man off the bench (I've always thought he fit better with Stuckey anyway on offense):

PG Billups/Stuckey/Bynum
    SG RIP/Stuckey/AA
    SF Childress/AA/Sharpe
    PF Smith/Dyess/Pachulia
    C Sheed/Dyess/Samb

That's without using the MLE or any other FA signings. We could still fill out the roster nicely.

The only trick is I think we'd need to be more aggressive moving RIP if we brought in Smith because I think the salaries would get too tight.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

i REALLY don't think they'd do that 2nd deal. childress is more proven than amir and j-max and pachulia almost cancel each other out as far as value goes except zaza can play C. and i don't think they would value prince nearly as high as we do or to put it simply, they wouldn't think he's equal value for smith.

so the trade value-wise looks quite slanted to us.

maybe i'm wrong but i really don't think that deal would be to their liking. plus i've got to think that a re-signed smith AND childress are going to make a lot of money- enough that what we'd be giving up probably doesn't work under the cap. i don't know.

They won't do anything unless the players force their hand. They know that nobody can offer more than the MLE, so they'll wait it out. All of the discussion means nothing unless they declare they are not coming back.

+ Reply to Thread