+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Dealing a guy like Stuckey, whom the organization has propped up as a future star, is the kind of move that gets GMs canned.

Not saying Joe would get fired if Stuckey became a bonafide star, but it's a gamble, for sure.
    Absolutly, and that's what I'm asking. How much return do we need to get to justify this gamble? Is his ceiling really higher than say, Monta Ellis? What's that worth to us in 2 years vs. a star now?

I think his ceiling is higher than Ellis, Ben Gordon and Barbosa (combo's to compair him to). Does that mean he becomes better than them all? I don't know. But he has more size than all of them, about the same PG skills, and hasn't even had a full season to work with yet. Ellis shoots a prety high %, but doesn't have much range either.

We'll see I guess. But, I would put his stock on par with those 3 especially when you consider he's making less than a 3rd of the money (Ellis will get paid).

If Ellis can develop a 3 point shot I'll give him the long term edge right now. I'd rather have Stuck than Gordon or Barbosa though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I think you'd have to put him in a package with someone like Sheed to get the salaries to work. (Any guy that you get back in a stand alone deal is going to be making too little to be what we'd want in return, an impact player)

I'd use him as part of a deal for a young, franchise big (preferrably a center).

Who might that be?

Well, Sheed & Stuckey for Dwight Howard probably wouldn't fly. lol

I'd do Sheed and Stuckey for Dirk, though.

Sheed and Stuckey for Gasol? Not sure about that one.

Sheed and Stuckey for Al Jefferson and Foye works for me, too. (AJ is BYC, though)

Maybe a David West deal?

How about Sheed and Stuckey for Amare and a 1st? (or Grant Hill?)

Sheed/Stuck for Bosh?
    Find a new slant.

Gasol isn't a franchise player. I wouldn't do Dirk either (great scorer, but you can't win with that defense). Howard for sure. I'd do a Jefferson deal too. There is probably an Amare or Bosh deal possible too.

I agree if I traded him it would be for a young all star center (with Sheed included).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    How about Al Horford?
    Do you think the Hawks would trade for Sheed again? Where would Stuckey play with Bibby, JJ, Law and Salim there?

I guess I'm in the high-on-Stuckey-camp. I wouldn't trade him, period, unless it brought back something unreasonable in return (i.e., Kobe, LeBron, Dwight, etc.). The kid is too big, too strong, and too talented at the guard spots. Once he improves his shooting stroke, he's going to be nearly unstoppable. Plus, he has a lot of intangibles that most players don't have -- no fear, tireless work ethic, even-temperament.

IMO, he's basically on the cusp of being in the same category as Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Would you trade either of those players? Didn't think so.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Do you think the Hawks would trade for Sheed again? Where would Stuckey play with Bibby, JJ, Law and Salim there?
    Just asking man, quit with the checking. Would you take Horford?

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    I guess I'm in the high-on-Stuckey-camp. I wouldn't trade him, period, unless it brought back something unreasonable in return (i.e., Kobe, LeBron, Dwight, etc.). The kid is too big, too strong, and too talented at the guard spots. Once he improves his shooting stroke, he's going to be nearly unstoppable. Plus, he has a lot of intangibles that most players don't have -- no fear, tireless work ethic, even-temperament.

IMO, he's basically on the cusp of being in the same category as Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Would you trade either of those players? Didn't think so.

Not to be a dick, but I think Stuckey has scored 20 points in a game once or twice. Not quite ready to put him with Paul who's already in the HOF.

I agree with Hermy on this. Now granted stuckey appears to be a player with potential and I love his combo of quickness and strength which means he's great at getting into the paint but truth be told he's still a guy that can't shoot a jump shot from anywhere and has trouble finishing at the rim which is why he shot only 40% from the floor during the regular season and only 37% during the playoffs (lindsey hunter shot 38%).

Stuckey has a lot of work to do before he's even close to being an all-star.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if he improves in these areas. If he doesn't improve he'll be nothing but another jerry stackhouse (which would be a bad thing)

+ Reply to Thread