+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Stuck?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I think I would, just not Iverson. I doubt he brings a title to the Pistons.
    This is pretty though.

MoTown is right.

I would trade any player for a guaranteed title.

If I was an owner my question to the GM would be: If you're not trying to win the title then why the fuck are we playing 82+ games and what am I spending millions of $$$ on?

If I was the GM the plan would be to constantly compete at that championship level. Fuck the luxury tax, fuck drafting rookies. Use whatever exceptions and picks to add to/adjust my championship calibre core until they fucking die at halfcourt dribbling the ball in the 100th game of the season.

And if I was a fucking Coach why would I want to Coach a fucking Lotto squad? You know you'd get fired just before the team got any good anyway.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Just revisiting this.

The list of players that I'd be willing to take in return for Stuckey is a lot larger than it once was, that's for sure.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Stuckey has hit the wall, he's clearly not used to play 30+ minutes over 82 full games...btw last game Stuckey 3 shots, AI 27 ...
    if Joe D could manage to get a veteran PG to back up Stuckey next season i think it will make it easier for him...+ get rid off AI

par example: Kwame+ 2nd pick for Watson
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 02-21-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Yeah, Stuckey, last game at least, just wasn't assertive at all. AI was the focal point of the offense for whatever reason... Fuck that guy.

That's the problem. How does any player know when to shoot and when not to? Our best scorer last year is coming off the bench, we have a traditional ball hog in there with Stuckey, our big man rotation is altered like every game, and our coach is a guy that knew jack shit about offense when he played.

This is a complete mess here. Yeah, Stuckey hasn't shot well lately, but it's not exactly a stable environment for him to grow in.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

That's the problem. How does any player know when to shoot and when not to? Our best scorer last year is coming off the bench, we have a traditional ball hog in there with Stuckey, our big man rotation is altered like every game, and our coach is a guy that knew jack shit about offense when he played.

This is a complete mess here. Yeah, Stuckey hasn't shot well lately, but it's not exactly a stable environment for him to grow in.

Welcome to the National Basketball Association. I'll be your guide.

Here we have Kevin Durant. He didn't get traded, but he had to move, and he didn't join and expansion team, but he likely wished he did what with that talentless mess. But he's OK.

Here we have Al Thornton. He plays for the Clippers. Nuff said. But he's OK.

Here we have Devin Harris. He got traded to a team with Vince Cater. And that's the best thing I can say about his situation. But he's OK.

Stuck still has all the same guys on the team he had last year besides the one he replaced, and he added a 10X all-star. Lots of guys have lots more to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Welcome to the National Basketball Association. I'll be your guide.

Here we have Kevin Durant. He didn't get traded, but he had to move, and he didn't join and expansion team, but he likely wished he did what with that talentless mess. But he's OK.

Here we have Al Thornton. He plays for the Clippers. Nuff said. But he's OK.

Here we have Devin Harris. He got traded to a team with Vince Cater. And that's the best thing I can say about his situation. But he's OK.

Stuck still has all the same guys on the team he had last year besides the one he replaced, and he added a 10X all-star. Lots of guys have lots more to complain about.
    Those are totally different situations, though both have their ups and downs... Stuck has the most talent around him hence the fewest opportunities of these guys and the most wins by a pretty wide margin. Where as a guy like Durant loses more at the moment, but has a much better opportunity at improving his game. Guys like Durant/Thornton/Harris aren't standing there watching Iverson and Rip chuck jumpshots.

The Pistons would be much improved if they just bought Iverson out. His entire career he has made his teammates worse.

Yeah, it kills players careers to be surrounded by talent.

+ Reply to Thread