+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Stuck?

What could we get for Stuck?

Let's just say Joe decides to push the chips all in. Lump him with someone else, what kind of impact guy could we get? Kaman? Deng? Josh Howard? Butler?

Blog Entries
    I think you could get an awful lot, mostly because of his low, locked in salary.

That said, that's the same reason that it makes almost no sense to move him, IMO.

I think you could get any of the guys that you mentioned, maybe not Caron Butler (but Rasual, yes!)
    Find a new slant.

I don't think I would want to trade him for any of those guys though. Not even because of his salary. I'd rather have Stuckey on my team than any of the players mentioned, exept maybe Butler.
    _

I would trade him and Dyess for every one of them, but that's not for this thread.

What would you want for him then?

You would trade Stuckey and Dyess for Deng? Really? A year ago I'd have thought about it, but after the season he had last year I feel much less confident in him. Kaman I'm not sure of. I love his game, but I don't know because of Stuckey's potential. Josh Howard, not a huge fan, but I guess he is really good so that one I'd have to debate.
    _

None of those guys do much for me. I like Deng and Howard, but both are wings and cannot play PG (much harder to fill). I like Kamen of course, but why would LA want Stuckey anyway when they have Davis and drafted Gordon?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    You would trade Stuckey and Dyess for Deng? Really?
    Yeah, I'm not high on Stuck.

But again then, what does everyone want for him? I'm not tossing out honest trade deals here, just requests.

I don't even know what I'd want from him. I just am not as high on Deng as I used to be. He was poised for a breakout season and he flopped, from what I've heard.
    _

I think right now a lot of Pistons fans (myself included) are overrating Stuckey because that's what you do when a promising rookie has a very good first year. How many times has that happened and then the player turns out to be a good, but not great player? A lot.

The good news is that all the other teams in the league would be doing the same thing - overrating him as well. So basically, it's just a roll of the dice. Stuck could turn out to be an elite PG/SG, but he could just be a solid player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Dealing a guy like Stuckey, whom the organization has propped up as a future star, is the kind of move that gets GMs canned.

Not saying Joe would get fired if Stuckey became a bonafide star, but it's a gamble, for sure.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread