+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: 360 Price Drop

360 Price Drop

Leaked

not sure what "pro system" means though

pro system better have a blu ray player on it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    pro system better have a blu ray player on it.
    No chance in hell.

Then forget it. I'm not spending 300 bucks on a non-blu ray gaming system just to play Halo.

They need to fix the shortcomings not the price.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

And Sony needs to fix their controller. It's too small (I like the 360 controllers better)

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    And Sony needs to fix their controller. It's too small (I like the 360 controllers better)
    To each his own, i like the controller myself especially at the top with the new R2/L2 Triggers.

Also the price drop wasn't much of a secret. I personally wouldn't want to pay anything for Microsoft's clumsy hardware(they shoulda had a 3rd party company build 360's maybe). With that said it's great for the consumer because Sony will be forced to follow suit within the next couple months.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Sony's controller is better for most... the 360 controller was greatly improved but still a little too bulky. My thumbs... well.. between my thumb and wrist would hurt sometimes with the 360's, not so with PS3.

The Pro system is just their regular 20GB system that was previously $350.

I'll wait until they build better hardware before I bite on the 360 again. I sold my 360 a year ago because I didn't want to end up with it dying after the three-year warranty expired. I've heard rumors that Microsoft is readying a system with improved cooling and hopefully improved reliability, but that's not a sure thing. For now, I'll have to hope that the games I want on the Xbox come out for PS3 or PC.

(And I'm not too crazy about the PS3, for that matter. It's a first-edition 20GB I bought off Craigslist, and it's too loud and hot. I have to keep the volume up a little higher than normal when watching Blu-Ray movies because the fan is whirring all the time. Keeping it in a small room is a recipe for heatstroke. It'd be nice to trade it for a 40GB PS3, but that's not likely to happen. Still, at least it's not likely to up and die.)

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oobir
    (And I'm not too crazy about the PS3, for that matter. It's a first-edition 20GB I bought off Craigslist, and it's too loud and hot. I have to keep the volume up a little higher than normal when watching Blu-Ray movies because the fan is whirring all the time. Keeping it in a small room is a recipe for heatstroke. It'd be nice to trade it for a 40GB PS3, but that's not likely to happen. Still, at least it's not likely to up and die.)
    You ever call sony about it?. I know a couple people have made a complaint about the noise as a defect and if their warranty covered it got it replaced or fixed.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    You ever call sony about it?. I know a couple people have made a complaint about the noise as a defect and if their warranty covered it got it replaced or fixed.
    I'm not sure if it's a defect or me being picky - I've modified my computer pretty heavily to make it quiet, because I don't like the noise. Either way, that's a good idea. The one-year Sony warranty has expired, but the Best Buy warranty is still good. I should've thought of that before...

+ Reply to Thread