+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Everything you need to know about Walter Sharpe (Picked at #32)

I kind of agree with Kstat on Sharpe. I like the fact that he's active in the post and still able to guard SFs. The fact that he's MORE comfortable in the post isn't a concern, as long as he can defend on the perimeter; the last thing we need is another guy who loves to float around the three-point line on offense.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

I assume those links were meant to show he should be considered a PF. However, the first two have no analysis of his game whatsoever. The insider link says this:

Long, athletic big man. Explosive leaper. Good mid range shooter. Good ball handler. Can put it on the floor and get to the basket.
    That sounds like a SF to me based on the description of his skill set.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    They are meant to mean whatever you would like them to mean.
    Find a new slant.

I would like them to mean he's the next Lebron.

Also, he's NOT EVEN 23 yet!
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I see he has the same birthday as me. That settles it...HOF.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I see he has the same birthday as me. That settles it...HOF.

BUT ARE YOU A SMALL FORWARD???????
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    BUT ARE YOU A SMALL FORWARD???????
    Depends on who I'm playing ball with. I consider myself to be somewhat of a point forward in the mold of Battier or Prince. Sometimes when you play with the average person I end up in the middle because I'm 6'1" and most of them are 5'8"-5"11".

My opinion after watching both games...

He can -defend- the SF position, therefore he can -play- the SF position.

Offensively, thus far, he has played more like a PF who can handle the ball well. Though IMO a player's defensive versatility is what determines his "position" on the floor as opposed to what he can do on offense. Overall, Walter will be much better matched up against NBA SF's than he will against NBA PF's.

+ Reply to Thread