+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trade: J. O'Neal/#41 to TOR for TJ Ford/Rasho/Baston/#17

To my dismay? I like TJ Ford. I don't like him more than Rip, like you do however.

I love this trade for Toronto. Somewhere Pharaoh is supremely happy right now.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    To my dismay? I like TJ Ford. I don't like him more than Rip, like you do however.
    With Rip's contract uncertainty, I like the idea of Ford, #17 and more for Rip, so sue me.

#17 could be packaged with #29 and could possibly get us in the top 10.

Ford + a lottery pick sounds pretty good to me.
    Find a new slant.

So Rip resigning with the team that got him a championship and gave him the role to be a multiple all-star is too questionable not to trade the guy away but trading the #17 and the second to last pick in the first round for a lottery pick is certain enough to mortgage your present and future on it.

JUST STOP ALREADY DANZIG.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying anything is certain, so stop twisting my words again and again.

As far as Rip goes, if you think there is zero chance that he leaves, then we'll just have to disgaree.

If another team offers him a ridiculous contract with an opportunity to be "the man" then he might leave. Joe needs to consider that. Only Joe knows how much the Pistons will be willing to pay for Rip, and maybe even he doesn't, so please stop pretending that you do.
    Find a new slant.

You don't stop at "considering", you want the guy to make trades based on assuming it is a definate. I'm not twisting your words. You want the #17 so you can trade it with the 2nd to last pick in the 1st round for a lotto pick to replace a guy who isn't gone and hasn't mentioned leaving. I don't need to twist that to make it sound ridiculous. It already is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Fool; 06-26-2008 at 09:59 AM.
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I think the only thing that makes Glenn happy is overhaul and an undersized group of midgets(TJ at the PG, Stuck at SG, and Earl Watson at SF) running the courts as we get torched into the next dimension ever game.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    You don't stop at "considering", you want the guy to make trades based on assuming it is a definate. I'm not twisting your words. You want the #17 so you can trade it with the 2nd to last pick in the draft for a lotto pick to replace a guy who isn't gone and hasn't mentioned leaving. I don't need to twist that to make it sound ridiculous. It already is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerbang
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I come back and Fool is still layin' the smackdown on Danzig. Danzig, you straight trippin' homie.

I'm contributing nothing, as usual... I'll be going now.

Blog Entries
    I'm intentionally couching everything that I say here with "could" "possibly", etc.

I'm not saying that I endorse all of these things, only that they are "possible".

If I'm in favor of it, I will state so, clearly.

You don't need to interpret or try to read anything into my words.

The whole exercise for me is trying to think through the decisions that Joe has to make. I don't have an agenda. If you don't enjoy the exercise of thinking through all of the possibilities/potential outcomes, then I can see the rub.
    Find a new slant.

You are couching all your arguments but there's no need to interpret or read into them?

Make sense.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Just exploring the possibilites, my good man.

If you think it's a lock that Rip re-signs, then good, I like Rip too.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread