+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NHL Offseason Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    At least they still have Mario and Coffey though, amirite?!
    How about Patrick Roy and Grant Fuhr?
    Find a new slant.

RADULOV THE LATEST NHLER TO SIGN IN RUSSIA

Alexander Radulov has made the jump back home, as the young forward signed with Ufa of the Russian Superleague on Thursday.

The financial details of the contract were not disclosed.

Radulov, who is still under contract with the Nashville Predators, said he had warned the team that he wanted to play in Russia.

"I told my bosses in Nashville that I wanted to play at home and some Russian clubs were offering me much better conditions than I had in Nashville," Radulov told the Russian media.

"They said they would call me back but never phoned. It seems that they were either not really interested in me or just did not believe I could return home. One way or another, I'm happy to come home."

Radulov, 22, scored 22 goals and 58 points in 82 games with Nashville last season and made $688,900. He has one year left on his entry-level deal that pays $984,000 next season.

The former Quebec Rempart added that it was unlikely that the Predators would be able to demand his return to North America, as the NHL had no transfer agreement with either the Russian Superleague or the new Continental Hockey League at the time.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243143&l...s=topStory_nhl

Wow.

That's a pretty big blow to Nashville (and to the NHL).

Radulov isn't exactly a superstar but he has loads of talent. And a guy like Radulov leaving for Russia has far more impact than a guy like Jagr or Emery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    At least they still have Mario and Coffey though, amirite?!
    Don't forget Murray back there on the blue line.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread