View Poll Results: Have you had sex with Tiger Woods?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • No

3 42.86%
  • Just the Tip

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn's OFFICIAL Tiger Woods fist pump thread

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    The bimbo explosion is in full farce.

Time to change the name of your thread Gla.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...yhoo&type=lgns

Why are so many of us so fascinated by this whole Tiger Woods mess? Let’s try to answer it as best we can. We can do this, friends. Gather ‘round.

First off, let’s start with the premise that a celebrity caught womanizing is hardly news. The comparisons to famous adulterers are endless: Bill Clinton, Michael Jordan, David Letterman spring to mind. So do Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens and, most recently, that South Carolina governor who was supposed to be hiking the Appalachians but instead was writing sonnets to a bird in Argentina. Heck, JFK supposedly stepped out on Jackie with Marilyn Monroe. You want the Crown Jewel of infidelity? That’s pretty tough to top.

Sexual cravings outside of monogamy are a story as old as King David. So, certainly, the least surprising aspect of Tiger’s story is that a rich and famous athlete succumbed to temptation. Jeez, in baseball, infidelity is so common it has its own vocabulary. “Road beef,” is what the players indelicately call mistresses away from home. I once witnessed a ballplayer inside a clubhouse holding two cell phones, one number for his girlfriend, one for his “road beef.” He was having trouble remembering which was which. (Then again, given Tiger’s clumsy voice mail to Jaime Grubbs, maybe this ballplayer was, tactically, a step ahead of the world’s greatest golfer.)
    What’s more, some European cultures tacitly approve of a mistress. She comes with the marriage vows, almost.

So it can’t be simply infidelity that fascinates us – although it’s a helluva juicy topic, no matter how many times we read about it.

Tiger thinks otherwise. His apology on his website contains a diatribe against scrutiny of his private life. Here, Tiger is trying to push back a tidal wave. Human beings, in case he hadn’t noticed, are endlessly fascinated by other human beings. Specifically, we tend to be fascinated by rich and famous human beings. Why? A lot of it is envy. A lot of it is nosiness. Some of it is schadenfreude, or the dark human quality that takes pleasure in another’s failings. A lot of it is just a way to pass the time on an otherwise boring workday under the fluorescents.

But for Tiger to ask for society to pay no mind to his private life – when he drove a Cadillac over public property and caused taxpayer-funded police officers and ambulance workers to tend to his accident – strikes me as unrealistic, at best.

Still, even by gossip standards, the fascination with Tiger’s sordid missteps rates quite high. Given that he’s not the first unfaithful husband in the history of the world, why do so many of us care so much?
    I would submit two main theses:

1. Tiger is a victim of his own brilliance
    Everything we’ve ever known about Tiger, publicly, was incredible. Wins. Tons of them. Wealth. Tons of it. Major championships. Fourteen of ‘em. Fame. Stirring comebacks. Inspirational fist pumps. Record-breaking performances. And, perhaps most impressively, the weaving of a private cocoon that almost defied belief for an athlete and endorser of his profile. For a guy whose athletic exploits were so dramatic, what made Tiger so remarkable was his lack of off-course drama. About the hottest controversy you could find with Tiger would be his too-frequent use of profanity on the golf course, and his sometimes-petulant tossing of golf clubs. That’s a pretty short rap sheet for the first billionaire athlete in history. Without even realizing it, we had spent the last decade marveling at a player and public figure who could amass so much excellence with nary a chink in his armor, and nary a peek into his private world.

Thus, when a chink in the armor quickly turned into a chasm, we were slack-jawed. And, when a peek into his private life – starting with a smashed Escalade and ending with Ms. Grubbs showing Us Weekly her Tiger texts – turned into a full-scale extravaganza, we were blown away. Change came with the speed of an avalanche, and we wouldn’t be human if we didn’t stand and stare. Which leads me to my second theory …

2. If Tiger ever was going to fall down in public, we would never expect it to be so brazen and weird.
    Previous celebrity adulterers were outed in more conventional ways: A-Rod was photographed with a stripper at a Toronto hotel. Gary Hart bounced Donna Rice on his knee on a yacht.

Tiger took another route. He drove a car into a tree at 2:25 am on Thanksgiving night. He was described as mumbling and incoherent. His back window was smashed out. He turned the cops away from his home three days in a row.

He then sat and watched, like the rest of us, as his house of cards came tumbling down, one “hostess” at a time.

Worse, there was a distasteful audacity to the revelations. And the volume of evidence: Oy! The stories of the frequency of the dalliances in varied cities with varied women lent the distinct impression that Tiger was happy to make a cuckold of Elin as long as he could get away with it. This was no “I got drunk, I’m sorry, I never saw her again” cheat. The hundreds and hundreds of text messages, the half-baked cover-up plan on the voice mail … it all reveals a couple of things: A) For a guy who thinks his way around golf courses better than any, his failure to cover his adulterous tracks was a mis-club of the highest order; and B) his Nixonian attempts at cover-up certainly undermines the sincerity of his “profound” apology.

Bottom line: The only reason Tiger was apologizing was because he got caught. In those terms, Jesper Parnevik nailed it when he said he thought Tiger was a better guy than he’s turned out to be. (Side note: Parnevik’s sharp words have to be the most pointed criticism of Tiger ever leveled by another player. And considering Parnevik’s role in introducing Elin to Tiger, there was an almost paternal chivalry to his comments for which he is to be praised.)

In sum, that’s why we’re so fascinated with this whole thing. For those who say it’s “none of your damn business,” like Miami Dolphin Jason Taylor, they’re either of a higher moral character than the rest of us, and above any prurient interest in human foibles, or they’re not understanding the points made by Yahoo! Sports columnist Dan Wetzel: Tiger’s very public image, the image that made him a billionaire, comes with it a fascination for his private image, as well.

In the end, you wonder why Tiger got married, if he has such an insatiable need to chase skirt. Just this month, Derek Jeter was feted as Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year, and praised for his character – all the while toting a resume of lady-killing to impress Warren Beatty. But why shouldn’t he? He played it smart and stayed single. He’s doing nothing ethically wrong when he squires around starlets. He’s doing the opposite – enjoying the heck out of his immense good fortune, and deservedly so.
    Dime store psychology time: I wonder if Tiger got married as part of an unspoken culture pressure on the PGA Tour. I was around that tour full-time for nearly a half-decade, and seemingly every player in his 20s was married, or engaged or had kids or had a wife who was pregnant. The overwhelming percentage of married heterosexuals on the tour seemed almost Stepfordian, to my eye. It almost seemed as if winning on tour came with an unwritten rule that a wife and toddler(s) must be greenside at the 72nd hole, so they can run on the green for hugs and kisses as Jim Nantz warmly calls out their first names. A bachelor golfer? In that conservative culture on tour, you would almost hear whispers: What’s wrong with that guy? Is he, you know, like us?

It will feel different from here on out with Tiger. Yes, in the end, this, too, shall pass; and yes, in the end, we are captivated by his golf skills, not for his Chamberlain-esque taste for the fairer sex. But the heights to which we built Tiger, on magazine advertising pages and TV commercials alongside putting greens, and the embarrassing details that have made his fall so painfully public, leave us no choice but to feel differently.

The pure wonder at his golf skills will always remain. And to say that we’ll embrace him less because he treated his wife with such brazen disdain can sound awfully sanctimonious. Indeed, let he who is without sin hit the first tee shot, and all that … but if anybody criticizes you for being fascinated by all this, don’t apologize. It’s perfectly normal.
    STEW BEEF!

Parnevik's the man. I saw that clip.

Also, here's some dyke/feminist perspective that was created out of thin air and has little to do with anything that has ever happened. Pure theoretic bullshit without any examples that back up the 'point' she makes. Fuck Boston.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/col...ol#articleFull

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Iwishihadapenis
    ‘Support’ evaporates when a Tigress shows her stripes

Forget Tiger.

I’m waiting for the day when a superstar woman - her husband and babies at home - gets caught with a Vegas cocktail stud or two - and Gatorade and Gillette and Nike and those all-American, blue-chip advertisers say, “No problem. During this trying private time, we give our philandering little tart our full and complete support.”

That’s what Tiger Woods got yesterday from those sponsors: full support, forgiveness and promises that he’ll remain their multimillion-dollar pitchman.

Was anyone surprised?

Basketball behemoth Michael Jordan cheated in the ’90s. ’Twas but a blip in his cash-cow endorsement deals.

David Letterman trolled the intern pool for underlings young enough to be his granddaughter. Advertisers cared not and ratings went through the roof.

Bill Clinton trolled the intern pool - and everything else. Now he’s an esteemed elder statesman.

When you’re a super-successful guy, advertisers, fans, viewers and voters stick with you and your serial adulteries. You have to cheat in a truly turn-your-stomach way (see: John Edwards) to be scorned.

But what would happen to, say, Sarah Palin were she to step out on Todd? She’d be toast. Done.

Finito.

“I have let my family down,” Tiger told us yesterday. “I have not been true to my values.”

Indeed. First one amply bosomed party girl. Then an amply bosomed cocktail hostess. Then an amply bosomed bar flack.

Perhaps two or four or maybe 20 more amply bosomed young professionals will emerge from the Woods-work before we’re done.

And here some of us thought Tiger different. You know, the superhuman discipline, the big Stanford brain, the apparent class, his seemingly blissful union with a former model/au pair.

As my friend Judith put it after seeing Elin Woods resplendent in her bikini, “If he cheated on her, what chance is there for the rest of us?”

I admit to being among those surprised by tawdry Tiger and his sext-ing trail a million miles long. Yesterday, trying to think of whose fall would surprise me more, I immediately said Tom Brady [stats], boy quarterback nextdoor, seemingly blissful with his own underwear model, Gisele.

Then my friend shot back, “What are you talking about? He dumped his pregnant girlfriend to chase that Brazilian stick figure halfway round the world!”

“My God I forgot!” I said.

Which just goes to show: We not only support these guys, we forgive them, forget their sins, then think they’re father of the year.

Fuck men
    Wikipedia: Eagan was married to long time Boston Globe reporter and editor Peter Mancusi, having two daughters and one son. Their marriage ended in divorce.[1]

Holy shit. Didn't see that one coming.
    Last edited by Shoopy; 12-03-2009 at 10:29 PM.

^^^I'll fuck any Hollywood bitch who volunteers to be the first one caught like Tiger.

But that's the problem: They do it, but their husbands are all, "Yawn"
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    That's what his wife looks like? Why would you ever cheat on that?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    So awesome. I love the interwebs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEkomaBTppY
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    LOL

1pimp2manyhoez (8 minutes ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam
    Reply | Spam
    he need to leave that gangsta shit to gangstas. In the player manual rules 1,2,3,4, and 5 is erase all evidence AND NEVER LEAVE A VOICE MAIL, i dont even leave voice messages on my grandma phone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    Just got this as an email called "Woods Family Christmas Card" from a friend.

I just saw that Charlie and Austin Daye both just posted this on their twitters.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Just heard a report on ESPN that the neighbors that found him laying on the ground after the accident are saying that he wasn't unconscious, he was SNORING.

WTF?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Hey it's uh, it's Ti--zzzzzzzz

+ Reply to Thread