+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DET/MEM - Marc Gasol

gasol..are you serious? this guy was a 48th pick for a reason. we already got a bigman in the working.samb.

I have no idea whether he'd be right for the Pistons or can make it in the NBA, but I also can't agree at all with what you're saying. He was picked a few years ago when he wasn't even half the player he is now. What helped his development was spending a couple of years under a coach that stresses post play, defense and rebounding. I don't think he'd go 48th today.

I also don't think that he's a work in progress as much as Samb is. In Spain Samb played second devision ball while Gasol was already frist division material. And I have no doubt that Gasol right now is still much more developed than Samb. Much more.

Again, I don't know if he's NBA or Pistons material, but I definitely know that using his draft position and Samb aren't valid arguments as to why not.

He was picked the year after Samb was drafted. I dont know how good he is or what kind of player he'll be but trading for a late 2ndrounder is not what dumars or the pistons should be looking for

He wasn't saying it would save the team or anything. Just a nice depth move.
    _

No shit... Cross acts like we'd be trading a starter for him or something.

tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    gasol..are you serious? this guy was a 48th pick for a reason. we already got a bigman in the working.samb.
    Says the fan of Jamal Crawford.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Euros who project as depth players in the NBA like Gasol often carry alot of signability concerns since they have the option to stay in Europe and thus they usually go lower in the draft.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    Says the fan of Jamal Crawford.
    i dont even know how thats relevant. he's got a good crossover and makes highlight plays. i love that in him but he's the last player I would want as a piston.

The last?
    _

Well, Okur was picked pretty low too. Vinny is right. Guy like Gasol slip because they may be under contract in Europe (and the NBA team is limited on how much they can help with the buyout). Most teams can't wait for help (even on a 2nd rounder). At worst you are hoping to get a decent role player with that 2nd rounder that can help you pretty soon.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread