+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DET/MEM - Marc Gasol

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    The last?
    fine. but i wouldnt want to think of any trade ideas that could net him as a piston.

im not saying marc gasol is shit and he probably isnt. but i dont even think id trade our next years minny pick for him

I've never seen him play besides those highlights. And an extremely unathletic (and probably soft) big man is the last thing the Pistons need.

Quote Originally Posted by zekyl
    The last?
    Okay maybe an unathletic, chunky 3/4 who shoots too many threes because there are no fours would be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I just checked his numbers from last year. 10.8 PPG, 6 RPG and 1 BPG. Not that impressive. In fact he had zero starts. Shoots a high percentage, but probably isn't anything more than a stiff off the bench to backup a center for 10-15 MPG.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

His numbers this year (directly off the Spanish league website acb.com):

Minutes: 33
    Avg. Fouls: 1.8
    Blocks: 1.8
    Off Reb: 2
    Def Reb: 6.4
    Assists: 2.3

FWIW 16 and 8 in Europe is very similar to a 20-10 in the NBA, the average score is lower.

You guys are definitely more knowledgeable than I am in basketball but he is not a soft chucker (albeit chunky) who stands at the 3. He tries one 3 attempt every few games. He's a banger and stays close to the basket. Would he be successful at that in the NBA? Not a clue. But trust me a bit here on how he plays, I saw at least 10 games of his this year, probably closer to 15. Those highlights I got from simply typing his name in on youtube.

As Zekyl stated I just saw this as a depth move, having a backup C who's actually a C. I mean I'd rather roll the dice on him than having Ratliff again.

I don't know. His NBA comparison is to T Mac, and not the one with the lazy eye.

I'd trade our 2nd for him, it's worth a chance.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Memphis is signing Marc Gasol to a 3-year deal.

He's a restricted free agent this summer isn't he?

+ Reply to Thread