+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DET/MEM - Marc Gasol

DET/MEM - Marc Gasol

I wouldn't be the guy living in Barcelona if I didn't at least throw it out there. What if we threw a pick at Memphis for his rights?

He's not his brother at all. He's a center more than a PF. Instead of an offensive force he likes to bang bodies, patrol the paint and grab rebounds. And he's developed some nice shots from around 5 feet out, where he can be deadly. He was the MVP of the Spanish league this year which is one of Europe's better leagues, and he's without a European contract which means that his NBA team wouldn't have to worry about paying anything out to a club over here.

The only thing is that he's probably going to make a lot more money here than in the NBA, especially with the dollar getting slapped around by the Euro right now.
    Last edited by DE; 06-13-2008 at 10:20 AM.

What about Max for Gasol and #28?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

If we were sure to get him here that would be an interesting idea.
    _

I'm just curious as to why Memphis would do this deal. Aren't they already soft up front?
    _

I was just thinking that maybe they feel they have no shot at getting him to play for them; that after his brother's experience, the situation of the team itself and the probability that he would stay here and take the money over playing for them, they would be better off seeing if they could get something for him at least.

But that's just my thoughts on it (read: pulling it out of my ass).

They'll also probably use #5 on a big man as well. Randolph? Lopez? Love?

They would probably want a SG to pair with Gay (and move Miller back to the 6th man role), or a backup wing for Gasol.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Honestly, he looks like the player Darko was supposed to be (little less athletic). In Spain, anyways.

What would it take to get Gasol and Miller from them?
    _

+ Reply to Thread