+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Portland Trailblazers

Portland Trailblazers

The Trailblazers have picks 13, 33, 36, and 55.

Their roster, by position, is:
    PG: Steve Blake, Jarrett Jack, Sergio Rodriguez
    SG: Brandon Roy, Von Wafer (FA)
    SF: Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, James Jones (PO)
    PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Channing Frye, Josh McRoberts
    C: Greg Oden, Joel Przybilla

They appear to have weaknesses at PG and SF...until you consider that Steve Blake and Jarrett Jack play 30 and 27 minutes, respectively, and that Webster/Outlaw/Jones were essentially a SF committee, each averaging 22 minutes or more.

Honestly, I have no idea what I'm going to do with Portland. They have two PGs (and Sergio Rodriguez, a former first-rounder) that could start on bad teams or be solid backups on playoff teams, and three small forwards that can make a case for big minutes.

I'm not sold on many of the point guards in this draft, but I would draft DJ Augustin at #13, a player that reminds me of Mike Conley, who Greg Oden had much success with.
    Otherwise, I will attempt to clear up the glut at SF by drafting a clear-cut starter, such as Anthony Randolph or Danilo Gallinari, if they fall.

Give me time to research whether or not Jones has picked up his PO, and if not, when the deadline to do that is.

Blog Entries
    I think I might grab a Von Wafer out of the vending machine for breakfast.

You need a SF, how about Turkoglu, Reddick & #22 for Frye, Jack, Outlaw & #13. It gets rid of your glut @ PG, you recieve an all-star SF( Turkey got robbed this past season) & a former #7 overall pick who COULD be deadly with Portlands inside game.

Blog Entries
    take into consideration, Rudy Fernandez said he's coming over to play...so Portland will have that...

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Portland's hard as fuck to draft for. I don't envy your position.

Should you choose to keep the draft pick, Joe Alexander and Danilo Gallinari are the two best SFs who will likely still be available. Pretty hard to see a PG worth that slot, as neither Westbrook nor Augustin will fall too far. If you want a real darkhorse pick, J.J. Hickson of N.C. State is your man...the kid has been rocketing up draft boards and has serious potential.

Most likely trade I see now is Raef LaFrentz, Jarrett Jack, #13 and an extra asset for Kirk Hinrich from the Bulls, and he'd be probably the best available option.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

Blog Entries
    Isn't Gallinari the guy that claims he'll only play for the Knicks or Nets?

If any other team drafts him, he says he's staying in Europe.

There are alot of okay players on this team with potential who are very tradable assets.

blake,jack,webster,outlaw, fernandez, rodriguez and frye.

package them with the pick for a better sf or point guard, like uni mentioned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Isn't Gallinari the guy that claims he'll only play for the Knicks or Nets?

If any other team drafts him, he says he's staying in Europe.

he said that before, but now he said he'll play for anybody...

per rotoworld...

Quote Originally Posted by jturbo
    You need a SF, how about Turkoglu, Reddick & #22 for Frye, Jack, Outlaw & #13. It gets rid of your glut @ PG, you recieve an all-star SF( Turkey got robbed this past season) & a former #7 overall pick who COULD be deadly with Portlands inside game.
    No thanks.
    I consider Redick dead weight at this point, and Turkoglu, IMO, is worth little more than the 13 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber
    Portland's hard as fuck to draft for. I don't envy your position.

Should you choose to keep the draft pick, Joe Alexander and Danilo Gallinari are the two best SFs who will likely still be available. Pretty hard to see a PG worth that slot, as neither Westbrook nor Augustin will fall too far. If you want a real darkhorse pick, J.J. Hickson of N.C. State is your man...the kid has been rocketing up draft boards and has serious potential.

Most likely trade I see now is Raef LaFrentz, Jarrett Jack, #13 and an extra asset for Kirk Hinrich from the Bulls, and he'd be probably the best available option.
    That is way too much to give for Kirk Hinrich, who just came off an awful season.

+ Reply to Thread