View Poll Results: What is the Pistons #1 need in the draft (positionally)?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Center

5 35.71%
  • Power Forward

0 0%
  • Small Forward

7 50.00%
  • Shooting Guard

0 0%
  • Point Guard

0 0%
  • Best player available

2 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pistons #1 need in the draft (positionally)

Blog Entries
    No shit.
    Find a new slant.

What position do we need? We need the best player available position covered like a douchebag needs a condom.
    STEW BEEF!

Best player available makes sense as an option, just not for us. If you have a team lacking most positions, or lacking none...then best available fits. It also fits if you are drafting really high (lets say top 2 in this case) and the talent at your position outweighs your needs.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think "best available non-SG or PF" would be a decent strategy.
    Find a new slant.

I don't think you draft a PG unless you move Billups. You are choosing between Lawson and nothing pretty much at our spot. Plus that PG would get no PT anyway (especially if AA gets some run at SG). I would consider Chalmers there maybe, but he hasn't hired an agent and might not be in the draft.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I could see us spending our second rounder on a flier at PG. Maybe George Hill (another combo guard from a smaller school). Ronald Steele might also fit in the 2nd.

The problem I see is that if we get a C that late in the 1st, they probably aren't going to be that much better than Samb. Now, if we can move up into the late lottery, then we might get a legit guy, but 29 is a bit late for a center with legit size that has "post moves". We probably have a much better chance at getting a rotation guy at 29 if we go SF.

Blog Entries
    "best player available" at 29 is a fringe first rounder anyway...

might as well draft what you need...

I doubt Brandon Rush is going to drop to 29, but he would be perfect. That Bill Walker kid from Kansas St seems intriguing as well...

BPA out of SF and C... I would like Hibbert to go to us. Despite having a not-so-great year, he was gonna be lottery last season so I'd use that as a base.
    Sometimes it helps to know SFA about college ball, because when I choose a player to love, he turns out to be a beast.

I liked Millsap cos he lead the league in rebounding for 3 years, and based on only that I wanted him...
    I also saw Joe Alexander play for 5min and thought he had a nice turnaround j, now hes jumped 76 spots up the draft.

So on that massive Pre-draft history of awesomeness, we should get Hibbert.

Hes also tall as fuck.

I say center because we have a ton of PFs, and only Dice gets def boards. Also, I know we are saying "as of right now" but any trade we do will include a big man. Sheed may be gone or Dice, Max, or Amir along with one of the other starters as a deal sweetener.

+ Reply to Thread