View Poll Results: When will Stuckey be our starting PG?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • At the beginning of the season (Chauncey is traded/coaching decision)

2 10.53%
  • Halfway through the season (trade or Stuckey plays well enough)

2 10.53%
  • Towards the end of the season (trade or Stuckey steps up)

1 5.26%
  • Not this season (Chauncey will return and keep his spot)

14 73.68%
  • Not this season (He'll be used as trade bait)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rodney Stuckey: our starting PG?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    That bit of analysis by Sharp was one of the most intelligent things I've read by a Pistons beat reporter in many, many years.

Drew only writes a few quality articles a year, this one should go up on the fridge.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    This not seeing Stuckey at PG thing is a continuous moot point because that's where he's going to be.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

and i don't get how people are seeing him as a 'shoot first' PG. yes, he's been asked to be that way in instances. when you're coming off the bench and we need an offensive punch, sure. and when there are opportunities for you to be aggressive, you take them. (and it served us very well let's not forget)

but it's funny how people have either not noticed or purposely overlooked the way stuckey ran our offense on many occasions. he's shown me he's MORE than capable of being a PG even if he's also got a very good scoring ability.

in addition to running the offense solidly, he made a few dozen passes this year that most 2nd and 3rd year PGs won't make. not necessarily 'highlight material' but the type of high-IQ, smart and unselfish basketball passes that make an old school guy like me smile a mile wide. he knows how to play the game and will do whatever is needed of him.

is he john stockton? no. but nobody today is as the game and PG position has changed a bit. plus he would be hurting the team if he tried to be.

he has VERY good floor vision and is a very unselfish player. he can do and DOES what we've needed from him. and he'll only get better as the playoffs showed. imagine him with 30+ minutes a night!?

i don't get how anyone could see anything different from what i've said but i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. oh well...

I think he could play either position. I'm hoping he gets a full season at PG to see if he can become a good decision maker there. I also think Billups and RIP will be back and we'll have that 3 guard rotation. I would like to see Billups and/or Sheed moved for a better big man though. I just doubt it will happen.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    I really see Stuckey as more of a shoting guard. He takes care of the ball well enough but still has that aggresive shot first attitude. We need more of a pass first guy IMO. Stuckey could develop but I don't see him as a starting PG.....yet.
    Yep.

And Codename V, "Gleen"?

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    This not seeing Stuckey at PG thing is a continuous moot point because that's where he's going to be.
    This organization has had a lot of luck forcing players to play positions that they want them to play, skill set be damned. [/green]
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    This organization has had a lot of luck forcing players to play positions that they want them to play, skill set be damned.
    that's why I think he'll remain as the backup 1/2 and let him develop into either.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    that's why I think he'll remain as the backup 1/2 and let him develop into either.
    That's probably the best approach. He can surely handle a 12 minutes a game at PG, (even if he'll dominate the ball too much during those 12 minutes). The rest of the time he can create for himself at SG.
    Find a new slant.

(was Drew Sharp's comments that got snipped in quote)

In other words, Joe Dumars fixed what Flip couldn't, ie come up with a way to adjust to the other team trapping and pressing on Billups.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

This organization has had a lot of luck forcing players to play positions that they want them to play, skill set be damned. [/green]
    Sure name a guy we drafted to play out of position thus dooming him to a shitty career. If you say Darko I lose any capacity to take you seriously on this. nevertheless again I reiterate you're harping moot points to your grave. He'll play PG for us unless he gets traded.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Actually, Darko wasn't really forced to play out of position. They just tried to change his offensive game. He could have played center still and played more like Dirk offensively (if he was good at it). Darko rebounded and blocked shots at the center position (his recognition was bad, but the effort was there defensively). That was more forcing a role than forcing a position.

+ Reply to Thread