+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tayshaun, #29 for Outlaw, #13 and James Jones

Tayshaun, #29 for Outlaw, #13 and James Jones

Personally, I love this trade for us. Outlaw has actually done very well, but in much less minutes. He has POTENTIAL and a nice contract. The #13 should net us at least a rotation player, and Jones actually gives Outlaw a good backup.

Jones will have an expiring deal.

Personally, I don't think there is a better low risk deal out there for us, and if things don't work out, we would have 17mill in expiring deals at the deadline.

Tell me you don't like this deal. Do it.

Hmmm...this is an interesting trade proposal. Outlaw is only 23 years old and if we give up Tay we might go after a big man in the draft if we trade sheed and don't get anything great in return.

I would probably do it but would wait until like the 10th pick or so of the draft to see who has been taken before making the trade.

Blog Entries
    How much upside does Travis Outlaw still have left? I guess I would do this deal, James Jones is a better bench player than Afflalo, so at least we'd use him...and I'm all for another lottery pick, 13 could get us somebody like Kevin Love or Brandon Rush, which I would really love.

That trade alone, however, wouldn't make us much better than we are right now...for Portland, it's a brilliant deal

See if they can toss in the rights to Rudy Fernandez as well!

Okay I'll check.

No seriously I agree that we have no idea about Outlaw's upside, but let's compare that to Tayshaun's. Haven't we agreed that he isn't going to show us too much more by now?

I agree that Fernandez would be a great addition, but who knows. All I know is that notching a decent player and the #13 would be nice.

Not even counting Fernandez if it ever happened, we would add 3 new young players with potential and only improve our cap situation.

Blog Entries
    Good point on Tay...I remember the first two games of the season this year, when Rip was missing, I believe tay led our team in scoring both games (I think he had like 37 or something opening game Vs. Miami), I think Tayshaun would beneift going to a team where really he would be the 2nd scoring option (maybe 3rd, but I don't know what to relly expect from Oden)...

in that lineup, Tay could avg. 20 ppg, he's never going to do that here

I think ya'll are are forgetting why Tay's really on this team. I think that ya'll are forgetting how he took over when Detroit was down to Orlando 3-1. I think ya'll are also forgetting about his two huge series momentum changing blocks. Tay is not the problem with this team. We all know who it is and it amazes me that no one is really making trade offers in that direction yet. I would love to move up in the draft... but it doesn't appear to be too bad and Joe (other than the Darko pick) has been pretty good at finding talent at the end of the first round. (Max and Stuckey)

1. Y'all is a form of you all, ya'll is a form off.....well, I have no idea.

2. I don't understand why everyone considers Stuckey to be "at the end of the draft". Everyone around here keeps saying that but he wasn't at the end at all.
    _

I would also have to wait and see who is there at #13. If you can get a big man with a ton of upside there than I would probably pull the trigger. (doubt Randolph is there, but Jordan might be). You could then move Dyess or Max for a wing scorer off the bench.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    1. Y'all is a form of you all, ya'll is a form off.....well, I have no idea.

2. I don't understand why everyone considers Stuckey to be "at the end of the draft". Everyone around here keeps saying that but he wasn't at the end at all.
    No comment on the "ya'll".

I stand corrected on the "end" of the draft. Stuckey was still not a lottery pick... IMO besides the occassional dark horse... there's still a pretty considerable drop off.

+ Reply to Thread