+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fellas from WTF...

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    (Also, sorry, didn't mean to be so confrontational...)

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    That's easy and "witty" to say but simply not true. In the OT forum right now, the bottom thread is from 6/17 and the 4th from the bottom is from yesterday. If you combine all the forums like you want, there'll probably be day old threads on page 3 and they might never get the chance they deserve.
    There are at least 12 threads on page one (not including the sticky) that are months/years old. That is what is pushing day old posts to the bottom constant topping of older threads. Threads that can go days without the next response. And when there is a response, it's always the same handful of people. That is not real activity. In a forum where people actually exists, the same threads don't get topped by every single day. On a forum with users , conversations run their course threads are moved off the front page when people get sick of them. It's natural section forum style. Shit topics get shit on. Topping years old threads happens occasionally instead of every day to fill the page. Or every few days where the threads sit for weeks with little movement.
    It's not like I'm pulling this shit from my ass, I've been posting on forums for a decade. (sad and true) I've been around on a few from beginning to end.

What we have here, and what I presume you are protecting , is a xenophobic clique that doesn't want anymore activity. I can respect that opinion. But it doesn't mean there is actually activity on that forum because the same group of people are talking to each other. If ya'll don't want to encourage new membership, that's fine, I hate people too.
    Just don't insult my intelligence by calling OT an active forum. I can easily add up the posts from any given day on the entire forum, or just a single sub forum and illustrate how full of shit that is.
    Hype?

Originally Posted by SDB as Vincent
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*cough*HAHAHAHAH!! POST OF THE YEAR. BUBBLES, YOU GOT BEAT DOWN PLAYA. JUST TUCK YOUR TAIL BETWEEN YOUR LEGS AND RUN AWAY...SPARE YOURSELF SOME DIGNITY HOMIE! DAAAAAAAAMN.
    Never stop fighting until the fight is done!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B7rDjX7s54
    Hype?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    There are at least 12 threads on page one (not including the sticky) that are months/years old. That is what is pushing day old posts to the bottom constant topping of older threads. Threads that can go days without the next response. And when there is a response, it's always the same handful of people. That is not real activity. In a forum where people actually exists, the same threads don't get topped by every single day. On a forum with users , conversations run their course threads are moved off the front page when people get sick of them. It's natural section forum style. Shit topics get shit on. Topping years old threads happens occasionally instead of every day to fill the page. Or every few days where the threads sit for weeks with little movement.
    It's not like I'm pulling this shit from my ass, I've been posting on forums for a decade. (sad and true) I've been around on a few from beginning to end.

What we have here, and what I presume you are protecting , is a xenophobic clique that doesn't want anymore activity. I can respect that opinion. But it doesn't mean there is actually activity on that forum because the same group of people are talking to each other. If ya'll don't want to encourage new membership, that's fine, I hate people too.
    Just don't insult my intelligence by calling OT an active forum. I can easily add up the posts from any given day on the entire forum, or just a single sub forum and illustrate how full of shit that is.
    I want more posters, I think most do, but we don't want to sacrifice quality in exchange for volume. If we have to oversimplify and dumb the place down to get new posters, I'm going to have to say that those aren't the posters we really want/need. In general, I think we're pretty accepting of new people though. Maybe it is a little intimidating since many of us have known each other for so long, but that's nothing that's going to be solved by combining forums as far as I can see. Honestly, if one can't figure out that NBA goes in NBA, NFL in NFL and politics in politics, this probably isn't the place for them anyways, but I don't think that that's the problem. It takes 5 seconds to switch between forums so I don't think the time issue someone was complaining about applies either.

The point I haven't been able to see anyone make is how combining the forums will somehow magically lead to more quality posters. I just don't see it, and that's why I think it would be just sweeping things under the rug. You can combine the forums and make them artificially seem busier but all that does is make things seem better/busier, not fix them.

I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence saying the OT forum was active, I don't think I ever said that even. What I did say, and what was and is true, was that if the forums were combined, threads would drop off the first page quickly. I feel that that's just as detrimental to gaining new posters as you feel that having too many forums does. Now, whether that's because we're just "Topping off year old threads" is a separate issue altogether, one that has nothing to do with anything that was being discussed. Would you rather we made a different "Currently Listening To" thread every week? What would that solve?
    Last edited by Vinny; 06-24-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Vinny > Bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Douche Baggins
    Vinny > Bubbles.
    Yeah, because vinny's status quo is working fantastically.

It's not about simplification , it's about more people being in the same parts of the forum at the same time. So they can interact. When people visiting this forum see ACTIVITY, they are more likely to join. Activity is built by forcing everyone into the same general area to bounce off some smaller walls into each other more frequently. Threads get more views and replies. There is more incentive to post NEW threads, instead of topping older threads. Most of which are "insider" threads that new members would not have much use for.
    And trust me, you don't have to worry about quality vs quantity , before Bukdow we are all inferior.
    Last edited by BubblesTheLion; 06-25-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    Hype?

Blog Entries
    It has nothing to do with that, he's just cooler than you are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    Yeah, because vinny's status quo is working fantastically.
    I've never said things are working (though I don't know that they're exactly all that dire...), I just don't see how combining the forums will fix things. We agree on the problem, I just think that combining the forums would camouflage things rather than fix them. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    I've never said things are working (though I don't know that they're exactly all that dire...), I just don't see how combining the forums will fix things. We agree on the problem, I just think that combining the forums would camouflage things rather than fix them. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
    I do know, so stfu
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Douche Baggins
    It has nothing to do with that, he's just cooler than you are.
    His name is Vinny, that goes without saying.
    Hype?

+ Reply to Thread